Wii Sports Resort (Jap)

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Pendragon, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Pendragon
    OP

Pendragon Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2009
    Hi

I have a copy of Sports Resort (Jap), ran it through region frii to convert to PAL.

When the disk loads it wants to do a software update.

The Wii is chipped with Drivekey and it is set to block imports.

The question is should I allow the update or will it do something dastardly?

TIA

2. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

Oct 2, 2008
    United States
    Gainesville, FL
    dont EVER update from another region.

in fact you shouldnt update ever. not unless theres a reason, and you know its safe.

3. freezeburn

freezeburn Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2006
    United States
    this is why I run all my ISO games trough wiibrickblocker so I never have that option show up.

4. Pendragon
    OP

Pendragon Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 1, 2009
    Ok
    I have run the ISO through wiibrickblocker and regionfrii before burning.

It appears in the disk menu but when I start the game I just get a black screen.

Any suggestions?

TIA

5. bobfat

bobfat Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2006
    Albania

I am having the exact same problem..

My friend has a PAL console, with Original Wiikey 1.9x (latest). and we have done the official 4.0 update.

I have brickblocked it, and regionfii'd the ISO to PAL.

The game appears in the channel, click start, then black screen (remote switches off)

I have heard that people can get it to work, but I'm not interested in any softmod techniques.. i know it works on that.. I'm just purely interested in v4.0 wiikey modchip help.

any ideas?

6. Hideki-kun

Hideki-kun GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2008
    It's probably because your Wii is trying to use English as a language setting, and maybe force the video. Run in through NeoGamma and set Language to japanese and video mode to Disc Default and it should work (For wii sports resort)