Wii sports resort help?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Fedex14, Sep 17, 2009.

Sep 17, 2009

Wii sports resort help? by Fedex14 at 11:03 PM (1,899 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Fedex14
    OP

Member Fedex14 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    I'm using USBLoaderGX and the alternative dol + 002 fix in options, but each time I load the game it just gives me a black screen. Mind that I'm in 3.2U and have CIOS rev9 I think. So what should I do? Install any necessary IOS or update CIOS or what? thanks guys for the help.

btw, Just tried, can't load Beatles Rock Band either, black screen too. Any help?

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    rev09 applies the (bad) old 002 fix.

My suggestion is to get either cIOS rev13(a) or rev14. They have the highest compatibility, and will probably solve your problem (for Wii Sports Resort, at least).

To get Guitaro Hero/Rock Band games working, you need to use Hermes' cIOSes (IOS222 and IOS223), and a compatible USB loader (I think GX worked). When installing this cIOS, merge with IOS37.

3. Fedex14
    OP

Argentina
    I installed cios rev14 on 249 and now USBLoader GX doesnt detect my hard drive... I screwed up?

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Use the other port.

5. Fedex14
    OP

Argentina
    okay plugged it in the other port, detected it fine, tried WSR again... black screeeen [​IMG] What can it be? What else do i have to do?

6. Arendo

Member Arendo GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    alt dol from disc > player.dol (but I think it auto-selects?)
    and 002 fix on ANTI

you should be using the latest version of USB Loader GX, works great for me [​IMG]

7. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Rev 9 would have worked just fine - in the GX settings you simply need to go to Alt Dol and select dol from disc and select the necessary dol in the drop down list that appears also have 002 fix set to On, run the game past the initial video till it restarts, quit the game switch OFF Alt Dol and run as normal with 002 fix On.
    This is such old news I am surprised so many of you are giving him duff information!
    BTW if you still cant get it to run then it must be because of a PAL/NTSC incompatibility between your Wii and the Game and/or your TV is not capable of displaying pictures in the version of WSR you have. e.g. using the PAL WSR on a NTSC TV with no PAL support

8. T$unami

Newcomer T$unami Member

United States
    get IOS 55 im sure you can find a wad of it somewhere. My mate had a moded 3.2e and it wouldnt even play the original ran geko and it said ios 55 was missing. We obtained ios55 installed it and away it went [​IMG]

9. Fedex14
    OP

Argentina
    hey guys I installed ios222 merged with ios37 and ios223 ios60 merged with ios38.

Tried GH5 with ios222 and works great, tried Beatles rock band with both ios222 and ios223 and still gives me a black screen! what should I do?

if there isnt any other ios to install, then should i tried another usb loader just for this game? help please!

thanks

10. vegeta4ss

Member vegeta4ss GBAtemp Regular

United States
    beatles worked for me on ios249 with neogamma r7, nothing special had to be done. I was surprised, lol.

guitar hero 5 took the ios232 and softchip to load however.

wii sports worked on neogamma 6 and up after I copied over the RZTP file and did the alt ios load from sd.

11. Fedex14
    OP

Argentina
    ok for some reason it does work on configurable usb loader, but i would like to make it work on usb loader gx as I prefer this loader. Any help?

12. Lubbo

Member Lubbo GBAtemp Traceur

Australia
    please help! you said player.dol? i cant find it anywhere in the PAL Wii Sports Resort iso where the hell is it???

13. Lubbo

Member Lubbo GBAtemp Traceur

Australia
    omg i found it after like an hour :@

14. jm2110

Newcomer jm2110 Newbie

Singapore
    In USB Loader GX under the game load options for Sports Resort try both System default or Disc Default. I don't have my Wii close by and can't remember which works but do remember that I had to change this from what I was using as default for all other games in order to stop a black screen similar to what you are referring to.