wii sports resort help please!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ACWWFAN, Dec 25, 2009.

1. ACWWFAN
    OP

ACWWFAN HERP DERP

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Arizona
    ok i might be getting this game for xmas. & heres what im afraid is gonna happen, even though ive told my brother not to EVER update the wii, i think he might... so im running 3.4 right now. how can i run a legit copy of wii sports resort? im fine with updating i guess but i dont really wanna update to 4.2. i forgot which update it neds anyways. so can someone tell me what i need to do plz so my brother doesnt update to 4.2 [besides telling him not to [​IMG]].

2. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    You have only one choice if you want to stay on 3.4:

Run the game through gecko OS (newest version)
    It won't update then

Normally you could install Startpatch or priiloader to block updates, but those don't work on 3.4

3. Blue-K

Blue-K No right of appeal.

Jun 21, 2008
    Swaziland
    Helvetica
    Well, if your Wii is connected to the Internet, you could try to Update with DOP-IOS MOD. I would even recommend that, since you only gain things if you update to 4.1. Though, it can be dangerous, and there's a risk to brick. BootMii as Bootv2 would be a very good Idea (though, I never had a brick with DOP-IOS. But theres still a chance). Update all your IOS/Channels, add the Patches if you want (you don't need them, some are usefull, but not required) and install the 4.1 Systemmenu of your Region. Done. Again, I don't take any responsibility if you brick.

Otheriwse, like tj_cool said...use GeckoOS, launch the game with it. After that, you should be able to play it from the Disc Channel.

(Btw: Wii Sports Resort contains the 4.1 Update, so it won't update you to 4.2 anyways.)

4. Ugothacked

Ugothacked GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    Use the start patch 3.4 to block the update & be able to play it, but if you update through the disk, it doesn't update the firewall

5. ACWWFAN
    OP

ACWWFAN HERP DERP

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Arizona
    Thanks and Merry Christmas guys [​IMG]

6. ACWWFAN
    OP

ACWWFAN HERP DERP

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Arizona
  7. supagusti

supagusti GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    Australia
    the wad for what ?
    If it's from nintendo -> use "nus downloader" on your pc to create the wad by yourself

8. ACWWFAN
    OP

ACWWFAN HERP DERP

May 13, 2009
    United States
    Arizona
    No the wad for GeckOS