Hacking Wii Sports Resort attempting to force update in 4.2?

RobertDownerJr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, long story short I bought the black wii, came standard with the sports resort+4.2...i followed (what was) the latest guide here (prior to the 4.3+IOS58 installs of the last month or so) and thanks to the help of some members here on the forums my hacking worked like a charm, both NTSC and PAL .wbfs play fine but, today, when my girl popped in Wii Sports Resort for the first time since I hacked the Wii, the disc channel reads something like "System Update Required."

The retail worked fine prior to me hacking the wii, my Wii Sports and 2 other retails I have work fine in the disc channel, but Resort gives me the "update required" notice...

Is there any way around this?
(Admittedly I've not had a chance to try loading from WiiFlow or USBLoader GX as she was wanting to just play anything and is on the console atm)

Could I just pop it in and "install" Sports Resort with Wiiflow and bypass this, or force it to load w/ ios249 by launching it through Wiiflow or GX or something?

edit: So it launches fine from ios249 on USB Loader GX without a problem... but im still curious as to why it would ask/require me to update my wii when it worked fine from the disc channel prior to me hacking the wii.
I'm guessing it's just trying to load from an IOS I deleted during my hacking or something eh?

Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr