Wii Sports HD with online multiplayer announced

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Your source link didnt work but i was reading about this here and if what im reading is true, they are charging £9 for EACH game that originally came free with the wii and included all 6 games. Actual quote below:

If you download Wii Sports Club you get a trial pass so you can play any available games for a 24-hour period from when the Wii Sports Club game is started. Once the trial period ends, you can buy a Day Pass from the eShop for £1.79 to play all the available sports for a 24-hour period. Or, you can buy permanent access to individual sports for £8.99 each.

Nintendo are just getting ridiculous now and clutching at straws, i love the actual idea of bringing an online version of these games coz i for one would love to play online a couple of casual games of tennis or bowling but charging £9 for each game is reaching new levels of greed and desperation.

Reactions: VMM

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only did this not really need an HD remake, $10 a game is ridiculous, online play or no. Even $10 for the whole set would be pushing it, considering the original was essentially a free game.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought, "no freakin' way"; this sounds awesome. The fact that they're charging some money per game sounds kind of like Microsoft with their DRM. It's a shame people won't be as vociferous about this as they were about that... I'm still waiting for a Paper Mario U game, btw. And a God of War type Mario game. And maybe even quality versions of Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion and X-Men: Destiny. All of these would get me excited about getting my Wii U :)

Reactions: Maxternal

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$20 for Online Tennis and Golf sounds cool to me.

A quick heads up, Wii Sports was bundled with Wii's in every area except Japan. I think I read that Nintendo sold at least a Million copies of it in Japan for 4800yen. Knowing that, this is a pretty smart move, I think.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
My first impression, too, was just "meh" ... but then just looking at that pic and seeing those handwritten speech bubbles, the online concept of this actually sounds pretty fun (in a very casual way).

You know all those people that bought a Wii and then never bought another single game. This was the reason they bought a Wii, for Wii Sports.

I know it's probably not totally accurate but the first image that comes to mind is of people swinging their gamepads to play tennis. Silly but effective, I guess.

Reactions: mrtofu

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Still I think a $10 tech demo that was boring as shit is not really worth it.

Look, Nintendo's trying. They're giving the HD treatment to one of the Wii's best-selling games*... :yayu:

* ...since it was bundled with most systems outside of Japan, so by proxy you had to own it whether you wanted to or not.
jbzgW8FF1GHQfk.png

Reactions: Maxternal

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don´t like wii sports because I hate motion control. But for the people who loved this game this could be great. The online function seems to be good and maybe the improved control with the romote plus is great, too. After testing the game for free, I think that many people will decide that it`s wort the 9.99.
I hate micropayments and I hate to see that Nintendo is starting to do this with this 24h pass. The good thing is that you have the choice to pay the 9.99.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There's something in the video that isn't mentioned in the OP: it's only about Tennis and bowling. Fans of golf, baseball or boxing are out of luck (at least for now).

It's a tough call on whether this will be successful. They sure added a lot of features, but I feel video chat while playing is a must-have feature (christ: you HAVE a gamepad that can both record your living room and display the one on the other side...make freakin' use of it already!).

I'm not sure on the price either. Sure, they're polishing things up nicely...but why would people pay when they can just insert the wii sports disc and play it that way? :unsure:

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice find. i just hope the wii sports bowling glitch is not in there from the old wii sports 2006 my Friend i use to know IRL did that all the time vs me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol