Wii Sports HD to receive a physical release!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Jun 4, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    [​IMG]
    If the price is reasonable then I might purchase it otherwise I'll just wait for a price drop, because to pay £30 or more then I'd rather get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.​

2. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    Cool, NA is getting it too and we have a price announced.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...etail_version_hits_north_america_on_25th_july

The retail version with all five games will arrive in North America two weeks later than in Europe, on 26th July. Yesterday we suggested that those keen to own all five but yet to dive into downloads may be advised to wait, and that is certainly the case in North America — the retail version will have a recommended price of $39.99, a $10 saving off buying the five downloads separately.

3. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Paying any money for a shit Wii tech demo is a joke. Like honestly I can't believe people are actually excited about paying $40 for a game that came free with the Wii. It wasn't even good anyway.

4. blaisedinsd

Dec 6, 2012
    United States

That's like saying you can't believe so many people bought Wii Sports Resort after buying Wii Sports.

It's a new game with new features: online, better and new controls, better graphics.

5. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

I can't understand people buying Wii Sports Resort either.

The game was a tech demo, why would people buy a tech demo.

6. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Nintendo Land is a tech demo too but it's fun to play. I paid £5 ($8) for it and feels like the right price for it.

Zelda Battle Quest, Mario Chase and others would've been way better had they been given online play and not just multplayer local.

7. blaisedinsd

Dec 6, 2012
    United States

I guess you just don't "get" why Nintendo makes HW and SW.

Wii Sports and Resort sold quite well, to put it mildly, so well they may not appeal to you they are significant gaming franchises.

McHaggis likes this.
  8. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    They're decent party games. Whenever anyone used to come over, they'd always want to play on Wii Sports (and Resort). My mum likes to play bowling when she comes over, my brother likes the golf, Wii Sports Resort had a ton of additional games with varying physics that made it significantly more than a tech demo.

Granted, I don't play the games unless someone does come over, so I won't pay £8.99 per sport or even £30 for the full retail release of Wii Sports HD, but I might be tempted to pay £10-£15 for it when the retailers realise they massively overstocked on it.

9. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    people can like things that you don't

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  10. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    Maybe because it's the one game that appeals to everyone

11. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I tried Wii Sports HD Tennis and while it was fun, the Wiimote was having trouble being consistent how I handled it and I recalibrate it and was straight to the sensor but still didn't work properly.

I'll only buy this for when it's bare cheap. Never would I spend too much on a motion-based game.

12. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    If everybody only liked the things Guild liked there would only be Vitas with P4G and Dynasty Warriors

Felipe_9595 and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  13. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I'll get it. FAK U all I'm gonna be the Wii Boxing Ultimate Champion B)

14. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Wii Sports Resort was awesome.

Table tennis = awesome.
    Cycling = loved it
    Basketball = loved it.
    Bowling = lots of fun.

The whole thing was pretty much awesome.

15. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    And the world would be a much better place.

Not everyone, not me.

Checkmate atheists.

TyBlood13 likes this.
  16. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Actually, playing Wii Sports Club online is really fun, as it's actually a challenge rather than facing AI all the time. That, plus it actually follows your hand, so you're not just flicking the remote and getting it to do something.

17. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    Good, it saves having to buy them individually for £9.99 i hate practices like that.

18. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    except that tennis and bowling are the only good ones. If you like golf, baseball, and boxing, you'd be better off getting a more serious game dedicated to those.

19. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    You can say the same for games like Crysis. Why the hell do people buy those if their main purpose is to showcase the graphics?

Wii sports resort may have been a tech demo, but it was a damn fun one (that showdown swords game never gets old).

I agree with you on your stance on this physical release, though. There are other games where I wonder why a HD remake is made, but wii sports certainly isn't one of them. And not only is the wiiu's backwards compatibility hindering in this regard (pretty much the only people not already having wii sports are the ones who sold it because they didn't like it...and I doubt it'll take you more than 5 bucks to buy it somewhere), those that actually DO like the HD remake have already bought the good sports.

20. p3rand0r

p3rand0r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2014
    Albania
    On the ⌨
    well thats nice to hear , but i rather trade it than buy it :teach: