Wii Sports Experiment

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by hey_suburbia, Dec 7, 2006.

Dec 7, 2006

Wii Sports Experiment by hey_suburbia at 4:46 PM (802 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. hey_suburbia
    OP

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
    I decided to try out an experiment (I'm almost one week in), where I would do everything I normally did, eat everything I normally ate and see if anything changes after playing 30 minutes of Wii Sports everyday for 6 weeks. I will be keeping track of the following:

- Weight
    - BMI
    - Heart Rate (at rest)
    - Body fat %
    - Pain/Soreness
    - Additional Notes
    - Wii Fitness Age and more.

I have a "before" pic and more info:
    http://wiinintendo.net/2006/12/05/wii-sports-experiment/

2. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    [​IMG] Nintendo will like this...

3. GameJesus

Member GameJesus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Any results so far? i noticed though in rayman theres a minigame where u have to violently shake the nunchuck to get maximum velocity of carrot juice shooting out and it tires out the elbow joints muscles. so perhaps a forarm muscle growth ^^

4. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is one of the reasons i really want the system. It sucks running to the gym in the winter weather.

I'm going to try to nab one after the winter season (and when wii-play comes out) and then get a few sets of wrist weights (you know those 2.5/5/+ pound weights that you can strap around your wrists). That should pump up the workout level a bit. Nintendo needs to make a fitness pack that comes with a set of those weights, controller+nunchuck for like $65 or something! [​IMG]

5. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    i never thought about weights, i was thinking of how they could make a game that made you move your feet as well, or instead.

6. hey_suburbia
    OP

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
    I have been keeping EXTREMELY close watch of every aspect of my body, I will have all of this in detail when it's over. I'm seeing moderate results right now.

One of the biggest things is that I'm not getting sore anymore the next day. During days 1-5 I was extremely sore, now my body is adjusting.