Wii Sport Resort Update VS a 3.3U Wii (wiikey)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Slave, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009
  1. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Ok, First sorry for the n00bnest of my question but I did looked around and I just got completely lost in all the updates and IOS things.... [​IMG]

Here's my dilemma... I plan on buying Wii Sport Resort... Now I'm pretty sure there is an update on that disc... but here's the catch, since 4.0 came out, a lot of problems happened with the SD card and Homebrew Channel so I never dared updating past my 3.3U console because installing Wiiware was pretty important for me... so I never updated thinking the update screwed wad manager and installing new wiiware.

Now I want to buy the Wii Sport Resort, but that means updating the Console to whatever version is on Wiisport resort disc...

What do I need to do so that I have this latest console update AND still be able to install Wiiware via the homebrew channel, and perhaps use the SD card installation.

Anyone could make an Easy Step By Step procedure, what to do and what to get so I can work it out? (by the way I'm offline, no wifi at my place so I never go on the net with my wii console)

Like I said I looked around and I was completely lost with the 4-5 different IOS upgrade and downgrades and online and offline and install this and unistall that.... [​IMG]

Thanks for the kindness!

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Wii Sports Resort contains the System Menu 3.4 update, not 4.0. It will do nothing to your modchip installation.

The simplest way to run the game without updating is via Gecko. Gecko will install any missing IOSes (read: not alter existing ones), and do nothing more.

Just have a cIOS (rev14 is the latest, here's Waninkoko's blog. It's in Spanish.), and you should always be able to install your (legal) WADs.

3. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    so I could update to the latest update on the wii.... as long as Rev14 is installed it'll be fine? I have to install Rev14 BEFORE or AFTER the update?

And I install Rev14 using the wadmanager just as if it was a wiiware?

4. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    No he said run it through Gecko OS to get any missing IOSes. It would not be advisable to update through the disc update as it has been known to cause bricking on hard modded Wiis with firmware below 3.4 that had not been previously upgraded to higher firmware revisions such as 4.0.

5. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Ok and how do I do this? I do have a gecko thing in my homebrew channel but I dont remember ever playing with it...

And you mean installing the Rev14 via gecko? or loading Wiiresort via gecko?

Thanks!

6. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Load up the Wii Sports Resort disc in Gecko. [​IMG]

7. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Why can't I update my console to the Wii Sport Resort Firmware?

8. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Just install cios14 with the installer (of course) and make the official update after installing the cios then use IOS Downgrader tada finished and this really breaks nothing

9. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    CIOS14 or CIOS38_Rev14 (mentionned above?)
    Why the Downgrader? What purpose? How to install it?