Wii speak Pal with NTSC game

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Chaz., Jul 7, 2009.

Jul 7, 2009

Wii speak Pal with NTSC game by Chaz. at 9:05 PM (706 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Chaz.
    OP

Member Chaz. GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hi everyone I'm new to GBAtemp, and just getting to know the place, so if this is in the wrong place do forgive me!

I have a PAL hacked Wii on system 4.0, no modchips or hardware changes, and a Pal Wii Speak, which I want to work with a few NTSC games on my Pal Wii, is there any way I can do this? It would be great to play The Conduit whilst chatting to other players on my team [​IMG]

Thanks in advance, I put it in here because its a device for Wii so I'm sorry if its in the wrong place!

2. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Any Wiispeak should work in any region of games. It is not region-protected, as far as I know.

3. Chaz.
    OP

Member Chaz. GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I have tried both AC:LGTTC and Conduit, and Wii speak doesn't seem to work, do I need an app of some sort to work it?

4. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    The Conduit only will let you talk to people in your Friend list.

5. Chaz.
    OP

Member Chaz. GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I don't think it does, when the match has ended, it says "entering Wii Speak session" and it initialises it but my mic doesnt work.

6. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I believe WiiSpeak requires a specific IOS to function properly... With you having it installed, it should be working.. maybe NTSC and PAL use different IOS's? Purely speculation, but try finding out which IOS it uses and installing that.