Gaming Wii sounds awful (not like the chainsaw sound problem though)

Tekken179

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a bit of a problem with my Nintendo Wii i've had it around four years (I think) maybe five.

I recently soft modded (4.3 EU)

The sound has been present for little over a year now but I had lost interest in the Wii and never really bothered with it until now.

It doesn't sound as intense as these 'chainsaw' sounding wii's i'm hearing although it is giving disc read errors, now i've backed up the games i could but I still can't play Mario kart wii and when i try to put the disc in it get's so far then It crashes.

I have tried a disc cleaner and that done nothing, my games are near perfect condition and i cleaned my wii regularly (due to it sitting in the living room anyways it was kept clean).

I really don't wish to take it apart but is there anyway of fixing this? Or will i need to open the case to clean it properly?

I am using USB loader to play the backups but i would really like to fix the sound and play some Mario kart again \=

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There isn't anything you can do without taking the Wii apart and even then it's not 100% guaranteed you'll fix it. The drive is old, it's dying and you can't do much about it.

Just use USB Loaders, IMO they're way better than disc loading.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why USB loading is a problem, you can play virtually any game just fine, it has low loading times, and is generally better on your hardware than disc loading. The only problem I see could be HDD costs, and even then it's not all that bad.

Tekken179

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When i load my Mario Kart backup it gives me a #0001 error saying unauthorized device detected :(

I have tried USB Loader GX and it runs fine for the most part

I also tried Wiiflow to no avail

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1