Hacking wii softmod? chip? whats the difference??

rigogpu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so my bro has a wii and wants it chipped/softmodded but whats the difference?? i thought the chip was safer easier and better..but a friend of mine said that soft modded is better then the chip he said that when u update with the softmod u dont get bricked for updating and with a chip u cant get ur wii bricked..and the softmod is the newest and best method for doing ur wii...i always thoughts chips were better am i wrong??? whats the advantages and disadvantages??? plz anyone with this knowledge i would definetly appreciate your help thanx..

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That guy is a retard. and there is plenty of other threads like this on the forums. just search em.
but softmod requires no hardware modding, just does everything through software.

you can look up the advantages/dis to all of this, but the only reason to softmod is because it's virtually free really, and you get homebrew.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chip = disks read at 6x
Softmod = Backups read at 3x

Chip can save your bricked wii from noobish softmodding.
Softmodding has great Utility that aids in folding the fabric of time and space within the wii. Causing a Ray of blue light that causes nothing but Joy and Happiness thoughout eternity.

For real, I would do both and have. running d2pro (presoldered clip) and using only the finest quality of softmods know to geeks.

EDIT: and stop being a noob and search! http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=search

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a usb loader being worked on/released soon(with usb2.0 support) softmods should run everything at full speed or faster. Especially since it seems the games are going to be run by the wii's app loader(whatever ever runs wiiware wads). So maybe there will be 100% compatibility. (don't quote me on that though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EpwLCZNXZ4...player_embedded

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless you can hook up an external HD to it, i don't see alot of Isos being put on a Memory stick. with iso at 4.3gb a piece even a 16gb could only hold 3 and once you buy a big enough stick to put more on you could have bought a d2pro with clip for 50usd.

higuys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it may also be possible that you need both, ie. backup launcher/gecko for trucha signed games. i've got a chip, but also homebrew apps that come in handy.

ramidavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raziel5000 said:
unless you can hook up an external HD to it, i don't see alot of Isos being put on a Memory stick. with iso at 4.3gb a piece even a 16gb could only hold 3 and once you buy a big enough stick to put more on you could have bought a d2pro with clip for 50usd.
I'm way ready for the usb loader.... I got a 500 GB external hard drive on computer, wich so far only has about 40 GB of movies on it. I still got 460 GB to use for wii ISO's. Bring it on baby! Long live waninkoko
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)