Hacking Wii Softmod (All) Lite

nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there,

First of all, I like to THANK GBATemp.net and all the Forum users. Most of all I know is from here.

I've been reading and reading and asking and asking for help on Softmodding the Wii for my personal use and sharing with Friends.
I even made my self a SoftMod Kit, and I'm here to Share it.

In no way this is competing against other Softmod Packages, let me explain what this is and the goals:

1.- Small File to download with all essencial files included. (14 MB)

2.- To keep it even smaller, I added NUSD1.1a and other PC Tools that tutorials will explain how to used them and their purposes.

3.- Use of NUSD1.1a to legally download WADs from Nintendo Server.

4.- Focused on Installing the least possible on the Wii to avoid data corruption and/or excess of install time.

5.- Tutorials for all Wii Versions in different Read Me's.

6.- Full OffLine Install. No need for Wifi or network conection!!!

What the Goal is:

For NON-LU64+ Wiis:

System Menu 4.0 (Upgrading through WADs)
HomeBrew Channel
DVDX Drivers
Custom IOS38 rev13b (249)
Disc Channel Loading for Backups (IOS patched backups to avoid the use of cIOSCorp)
USB Loader 1.5
PreLoader Installed for recovery purposes.
BootMii Installed in Boot2 for recovery purposes.

For LU64+ Wiis:

Either Keeping 3.4 on your LU64+ or
Ugrading to System Menu 4.0 Via Legal downloaded WADs from NUS (WARNING!!!: I only tested this on 1 LU64 Wii and it was a success, I can't garantee It will not brick your Wii!!!)
HomeBrew Channel
DVDX Drivers
Custom IOS38 rev13b (249)
Load Backups from a Channel (Not disc channel, not possible yet)
USB Loader 1.5

I hope you all enjoy this very very lite but powerfull package. Any input is welcome.

Link:
MD5: D8B42E22B223F45F1FBA8B88797F298A
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0gewyncnefm

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly what i was looking for
bow.gif
ill let you know how i get on next time i use it.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're really interested in trimming the fat, I'd suggest simply treating all systems as "LU64", and assuming (or suggesting) an upgrade to 4.0

You could keep preloader as an optional/recommended step, otherwise there's really no difference from LU64 systems at this point and I've yet to hear very convincing reasons to avoid a firmware update.

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
good pack, but I have compiled only the necessary apps for v4.0 and under and heres what I have compiled:

v4.0: 11mb, 6 steps.
v3.4: 8mb, 4 steps.
v3.2: 8mb, 3 steps.
v3.1: 8mb, 3 steps.
v3.0: 8mb, 3 steps.

there are only 3 steps to do if you have 3.2 and under.....
I put only the necessary apps to play backups, and thats it. i have looked at yours and you can shorten it quite a bit. pm me for info!

nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the input guys.

Check your PMs Unfortune.

Btw, before I made this package (took me weeks of research and less than a day to build this kit)

I researched as much as I could to find out if CIOS60BF.WAD was instalable on Wii LU64+ to enable backups through disc channel.

But only 1 person said they did it and worked.

I don't have the balls to test on my Wii.

I hope cIOS Rev14 brings us something of this.

biggrin.gif

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was just about to install only the USB Loader 1.5 but then I realized the biggest USB I got is a Kingston 8GB. Not an external hard drive. Will this 8GB Kingston USB still work (even if it can only load one ISO at a time)?

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nknave said:
I researched as much as I could to find out if CIOS60BF.WAD was instalable on Wii LU64+ to enable backups through disc channel.

Currently not possible, but the SoftMii team swears they're right on the edge of getting it to work. Beats me why anybody cares, but that's a different issue.

On a related note, Softcorp from the SoftMii 3.0 package can patch the ES_ functions in IOS36 to enable preloader install on LU64, if you hadn't caught that news blurb yet. (Softcorp is just a modified IOS downgrader...I did something more like what you describe than following their wacky guide and only used that one app from their package to get preloader working) So you can pretty much condense everything down to a few steps. Something like: hackmii -> cboot2 to install cIOSr11 (aka LU64fix.wad) -> cIOSr3 installer -> softcorp (for ios36) -> preloader -> done, run a loader

If you include cIOSr13 and a pre-patched IOS36 as wads you could get it down to just hackmii -> cboot2 -> preloader

nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
IOwnAndPwnU said:
I was just about to install only the USB Loader 1.5 but then I realized the biggest USB I got is a Kingston 8GB. Not an external hard drive. Will this 8GB Kingston USB still work (even if it can only load one ISO at a time)?

In theory it should.

Make sure you backup your data that is in your USB stick and insert into port0 of the Wii for best results.

Spidereagle

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks very much for this, worked beautifully for me (Australian Wii starting with LAH) and was very easy to follow. I used the Mod 3.4LU64.txt file as I wasn't sure if my Australian version was comparable to the LU64 or otherwise. Only thing I didn't do was the Nand back-up as I didn't have a GameCube controller and the buttons on my Wii did not work as per your instruction.

I now have the backup launcher on my Wii. Only problem is that it appears not to run back-ups. I assume that my issue is with the disks (Bali games). Original Wii games though will work through the back-up launcher. Any tips?

Cheers

Spidereagle

Trophies
XP
Country
nknave,

I worked out my issue in the end so again thanks for the guide.

I have now done all my families and friends Wii's (3.2 to 4.0 machines) as well based on your clear instructions.

I have yet to see a 4.1 or 4.2 machine as yet but was wondering if the instructions to modify those machines are the same as the 4.0 mod. If not are you able to provide another succinct guide for the 4.1 and 4.2 as you have done on the earlier versions?

Thanks again.

Computersaysno

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I'm afraid I followed this old mod version after searching for LAH on Google. The 4.0 LU64 mode worked fine up until the point where I had to uninstall the LU64fix.wad. The file was not found so I installed LU64fix.wad instead, which did work.

My Wii (Australian LAH) is still working fine but I'm unable to load any back-ups through the back-up Launcher I installed.

Is the problem that my Wii is not a LU but a LAH? Any advice on how to modify from here to play back-ups would be appreciated.

Thankyou

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Computersaysno said:
Hi all,

I'm afraid I followed this old mod version after searching for LAH on Google. The 4.0 LU64 mode worked fine up until the point where I had to uninstall the LU64fix.wad. The file was not found so I installed LU64fix.wad instead, which did work.

My Wii (Australian LAH) is still working fine but I'm unable to load any back-ups through the back-up Launcher I installed.

Is the problem that my Wii is not a LU but a LAH? Any advice on how to modify from here to play back-ups would be appreciated.

Thankyou

Follow the Modify ANy Wii guide in the Stickies

Computersaysno

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. So what I have done to date won't brick my Wii if I follow the sticky version of upgrading to a 4.2 and following that mod.

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you have a new Wii it could be that you have a D3-2 drive which won't read backups. You can still make use of USB Loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)