Wii - Soft Mod, equipment,GC compatibility questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by grifterb, Jun 1, 2013.

1. grifterb
    OP

grifterb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2013
    Hello everyone, as a new member who is planning to soft-mod his wii, I did a lot of research (I really mean that, I've been asking questions to everyone in everywhere for the past month). So here is what I know so far:

1. I own a backwards compatible white wii, with firmware 4.3E on it.
    2. In order to mod my wii, I will use modMii.
    3. I need an SD card (2gb or higher) and an HDD/USB flashdrive.

Other than these three there is a huge gap in my mind, so I'm hoping you will help me trough the rest.

I already got an sd card, but now I'm going to buy an HDD. The thing is I always hear problems with compatibility. I was planning to buy a 1TB or 500 TB seagate which looks like either this

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

I was going to use a flash disc, but I heard the compatibility was much worse.

1. Which External drive/Flash stick I can/should buy? because most of the compatibility lists are out of date.
    2. I can format the HDD to FAT32, but do I need another software to make it FAT32 32?
    3. After I'm done with modmii process, I'd like to setup the software that allows me to play GC games. Which one provides the highest compatibility? I heard that some of the auido streaming games were fixed?

2. grifterb
    OP

grifterb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2013
    I'm sorry to flood, but I felt like I needed to update my information. I'll write some of the hdd's that I have access to, and I would like you to give me the product with the best compatibility rate. Dios mios still has many problems with auido streaming and I don't want to deal with the hdds compatibility issues. I really, really want to play get access to all NGC games I can. So, here is the list:

WD 2,5 1TB elements SE USB 3.0/2.0
    WD 2,5 500GB elements SE USB 3.0/2.0
    WD 2,5 500GB my passport USB 3.0/2.0
    WD 2,5 1TB my passport USB 3.0/2.0
    Verbatim 2,5 500GB Store'n Go USB 3.0/2.0
    Verbatim 2,5 1TB Store'n Go USB 3.0/2.0
    Verbatim 2,5 500GB Store'n Go Ultra Slim USB 3.0/2.0
    Verbatim 2,5 1TB Store'n Go Ultra Slim USB 3.0/2.0
    Seagate 2,5 1TB Expansion USB 3.0/2.0
    Seagate 2,5 500GB Expansion USB 3.0/2.0
    Seagate 2,5 1TB Back-up Plus USB 3.0/2.0
    Seagate 2,5 500GB Back-up Plus USB 3.0/2.0

Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3. icw35

icw35 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 22, 2010