Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
QUOTE said:
Think back to 2006, back before the Wii was out. Remember all those promo videos and demonstrations with all those ethically diverse people wearing white polo shirts with vasaline smiles posing for lifestyle pics? Good times. And the Wii was always seen with that sleek blue slot light while people were playing with it.

shouldn't this be possible now with all the new hacks we have? Preloader hack or anything else?

DaWiis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
Hope someone makes a code for the preloader for this
smile.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
natemckn said:
really simple solution:
Send yourself an email! The slot lights up when you have a new email. Send an email to [email protected] where the X's are your 16 digit FC. Now never open that email and your slot will always be lit

Yeah but once you power on the Wii doesnt the light go off?

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
natemckn said:
really simple solution:
Send yourself an email! The slot lights up when you have a new email. Send an email to [email protected] where the X's are your 16 digit FC. Now never open that email and your slot will always be lit

Dunno. You want the light on ALL the time? I agree that it looks nice but I feel its unnecessary to have the light on while playing it

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
natemckn said:
Sstew said:
natemckn said:
really simple solution:

Dunno. You want the light on ALL the time? I agree that it looks nice but I feel its unnecessary to have the light on while playing it

I believe that's what he's referring to. "And the Wii was always seen with that sleek blue slot light while people were playing with it."
and under the Topic title the description mentions making the light permanent".

I agree it's a bit unnecessary, but it would look cool, I suppose.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would be awesome to have a hack for this too. But doesn't the hardmod way still keep your slot light on even if the Wii is in standby? If thats true then I don't want that. I only want the slot light on whenever the Wii is showing something on the screen and not in standby. And when it's off and there is a message. A hack would be awesome for this and i don't see why it couldn't be possible.

Thanatos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:
I think it would be awesome to have a hack for this too. But doesn't the hardmod way still keep your slot light on even if the Wii is in standby? If thats true then I don't want that. I only want the slot light on whenever the Wii is showing something on the screen and not in standby. And when it's off and there is a message. A hack would be awesome for this and i don't see why it couldn't be possible.

Yes, on the hardmod the light stays on if you have connect24 on and if you leave the Wii in standby mode, but for someone like me who had a Launch Wii get a burned GPU due to the heat produced by the standby mode(nintendo repair was great and i got a new 1 year warranty with the repair so no real complaints) and someone who never gets messages to his Wii i leave those things off. If your worried about not getting messages im pretty sure the Wii points out that you have a new message in the main menu anyways. Im going to try the mod tonight and have a few ideas on how to do it without solder or stripping of the original wires. Good thing i got that Tri-wing screwdriver from dealextreme "just in case" a couple of months ago.

jcasas392

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did this about 8 months ago. really easy. dont even need to solder. i ordered my triwing screwdriver from ebay. they sent 2 for like $4.99. you just have get the front panel off, and expose a bit of the red cable thats hooked up to the LED. with another piece of copper wire, wrap it around the exposed cable, and you can just jam the other end into the wii itself. the metal inside gives it ground and causes it to be on all the time. even on standy by mode. looks cool.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a hardware register that can be controlled by the sofware..... In fact it's a static value in both system menu and game....... if one created a hack that would force a specific value to the address that controls it then you would have what you want. it's kind of like creating a cheat code for ocarina but without as much support for multiple code types..... that and the preloader won't write to the memory area that you need......

DaWiis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
Using preloder we should be able to run a program before the systemmenu boots. That program could force it to be on. The Beauty of making this software hack is that when you don't like the light any more you can just turn it of
smile.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm very true.... however the address resets when loading a game or channel..... we would have to figure out whats resetting the value and try and disable that...... but with that simple hack we should be able to get it to work. with the source from wiilight the address in question was easy to find. I can look at it with the USB Gecko Debugger and give a dump of the ASM thats writing to it if someone want's to do the actual code work.

by poking an 8 bit value of A0 to this address it turns the light on

CD0000C3

the memory viewer shows this starting at

CD0000C0

the 32 bit value at that address is 0000C1A0

if we change the C1 to a value of 00 it will disable the ability to use the wiimote..... So what we need is a simple to to force an 8 bit value of A0 to the memory address CD0000C3. otherwise we also need to determine the code that resets it when loading a game and disable it. by doing that we would create a software based hack for this...... I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to do.....

Well upon taking a closer look at it I don't see the code thats reseting the light..... It may be that the hadware it's self is resetting.... I'm waiting for an email to myself to arrive now though.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father