Hardware Wii Shop Channel still going

Fawe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So is anybody else also astonished by the fact that the Wii Shop Channel technically still hasn't completly closed in mid-2020?
Yeah, you can't add points or buy anything anymore, but you can still startup the channel, redownload titles you already have and most amazingly, there are still two channels that you can download for free. The Wii U Transfer Tool and the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Update. So that means, Nintendo is still using their resources (servers) to keep the channel going and those two titles downloadable. More then a year after the channel was supposed to completely shut down. Just the other day I helped a friend set up his Wii for Online use and he was blown away by the fact that 12 years after he bought his Wii, he actually downloaded something from the Wii Shop Channel for the first time.
I just think this is funny af.

Last edited by Fawe,

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some DLC you can still redownload, the issue is that it is not as easy as before.
I was redownloading to my emuNAND DLCs for Just Dance and I managed to do this retrying several times.
Before, I could simply click on the in game store and download fine, now the page is kinda broken (the song list appear, but their previews dont) and the download fails many times, but I finally managed to do it.

Last edited by Codemastershock,
Reactions: bonkmaykr and Fawe

Fawe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some DLC you can still redownload, the issue is that it is not as easy as before.
I was redownloading to my emuNAND DLCs for Just Dance and I managed to do this retrying several times.
Before, I could simply click on the in game store and download fine, now the page is kinda broken (the song list appear, but their previews dont) and the download fails many times, but I finally managed to do it.
That is interesting, why would it work worse then before? Like, is Nintendo running the servers in low power mode or what :P good to know though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool