Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gamer said:
LeonardoGolden said:
Fast question:

AC:CF will probably use the newest update.
If we install the IOS and shop channel, will the game think that I have the latest update and let me start the game or will it ask me to update?

Just wanna know too... anyone?

I mean, this is a way to bypass the update or still will ask you to?

Thanks
I think we can guarentee that an update will be available with Animal Crossing. It will use new hardware (wii speak) and will probably need an update to get that to work. Not sure about anything else.

Namcom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I install this?
I'd like a step-by-step-guide because I'm such a noob...

Anything I need to think about?
Shall I update before using this?
What is IOS*random numbers*?
Can this brick my wii?
I saw on the first page that there were two 3.3 fixes, wich should I use`?

Grandleon82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, clarify something for me. Today I installed the new HBC9 using the in-loader update. Said something about updating to IOS6-something or other. I tried running the Homebrew Browser and Wad Installer, and I got a message saying they weren't valid Wii applications.

Now that I'm installing the Wii Shop and 10S51 patch, would the Wad Installer and HBB work? Am I permanently screwed? D:

EDIT: nvm, I got it to work. after the update I just had to re-install the apps.

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davhuit said:
jtroye32 said:
If you don't use the shop channel what's the benefit of this?

No benefits. It's only to get the shop channel update without doing the rest of the update, which break some homebrew stuff.

Even if you are using Wiiware/Virtual Console games, as long as you don't buy them from the shop channel, you don't need this update;

But if you are using the shop channel to buy games and such, since now, you should have the update installed if you want to use it again.

HUH, theres a way to get Wiiware/VC games WITHOUT buying them ???? (I'm being serious, I'm a bit of a newb here)

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG.Ya there is way to get Wiiware/Vc games without buying them.

Posts merged

OMG.Ya there is way to get Wiiware/Vc games without buying them.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Link on Wiibrew is down, could someone upload it here? Or mirror it on MU or something?

lol, I'm blind.

Nvm, found it
wink.gif

acg12xu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a problem that I hope someone has a resolution for.. I've successfully applied the IOS and Wii shop channel, however I ended up deleting the IOS when I was troubleshooting the backup loader 0.3g. Now when I try to reinstall the IOS with the shop channel, the installer hangs and doesn't complete now. Is there a way to get my Wii shop channel functional again?

D

docoweatpie

cyanide64 said:
***newb alert*** i was running 3.2 with all the stuff to run 0.1 loaders and i tried muzers v2, now i cant update to new 0.3 and the old loaders wont work, am i screwed?
acg12xu said:
I've got a problem that I hope someone has a resolution for.. I've successfully applied the IOS and Wii shop channel, however I ended up deleting the IOS when I was troubleshooting the backup loader 0.3g. Now when I try to reinstall the IOS with the shop channel, the installer hangs and doesn't complete now. Is there a way to get my Wii shop channel functional again?
Hm... So it seems the IOS51 installer doesn`t allow you to run the backup loader. Can anyone else confirm this to who ever installed the IOS51? And acg12xu, in order to make the Wii shop to function, you need to first install the IOS, and then install the Wii Shop installer. So in your case, remove the Wii Shop and reinstall IOS, then Wii Shop in order.

QUOTE(bdcool187 @ Oct 27 2008, 09:20 PM)
Hmm.... after I installed both of the files, I went to play Smash Bros Brawl and instead of the game showing up on the disc menu it asked me if I wanted to update. Is that normal?
Can anyone else confirm this too, or other games requiring to update, like Mario Kart Wii?
----
update
I got 0.3 gamma working, and played my legit games with it (I didn't burn any games yet).

I've installed Muzer's v2 IOS and Shop installer, and then tried my legit Brawl and it showed no update message.
---

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there an alternate method of installing the wii shop channel? The wireless keeps cutting out on me.

stq19rbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

I've ran InstallShopIOS35 (tona's version) on ma Wii. I have a 3.2E with cIOS36rev10 (as IOS239) AND cIOS37rev7 (as IOS232), Twilight Hack, HBC, Backup Launcher 0.3g with rev 002 fix, softchip...

Here is the steps I used :
- install wii shop only (no IOS 51)
Trying to go to wii shop channel : black screen & return to the wii menu.

- install IOS51 with fake sign : got an error

- install IOS51 without fake sign then wii whop
Trying to go to wii shop channel : black screen & return to the wii menu.

I though that I could erase IOS51 and try reinstalling it. But AnyTitleDeleter gave me an error.

So, at this point, I don't have a wii shop channel. How to get it back ?

The whole idea is to have one, create an US account (I'm in Europe) with AnyRegionChanger then download Rock Band 2 DLC.

Thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s