bloodbend3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's my situation:

after formatting my wii, i decided to rehack it and install HBC and hopefully a backup loader. i followed the steps of this guide to the letter. I started with a 4.3U system and used the Brawl hack to install HBC. i then proceeded to follow the rest of the steps up until the "Congrats, you are done" part in the above guide. everything went smoothly and had no problems during the setup process.

now i want to install 'USB Loader GX', but i'm having problems. This is the thread i'm using for the install process. but to be honest, it's a little confusing to me and could really use a simple step-by-step list of instructions so i can install USB Loader GX correctly. something like "Download this from this link, put it in certain folder on SD card, etc".

scratch that^. i got usb loader working. but i still need help with the error message i get when trying to access the Wii Settings. how do i fix it?
hPVvi.jpg

thanks in advance to anyone who helps me. i'm sorry if i seem like just another noob who doesnt know what he's doing, but if you could just help me out, that is all i ask and will be out of your hair in no time.

loco365

Trophies
XP
bloodbend3r said:
Team Fail said:
Seeing that error screen means you have a Partial brick. Have you made a NAND backup?
yes i do. i saved a backup on my computer.
From what I have taken, try restoring the NAND backup and it should theoretically fix the error.
It can and will be fixed through a restoration of the NAND. Start BootMii and restore the NAND.

bloodbend3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
bloodbend3r said:
Team Fail said:
Seeing that error screen means you have a Partial brick. Have you made a NAND backup?
yes i do. i saved a backup on my computer.
From what I have taken, try restoring the NAND backup and it should theoretically fix the error.
It can and will be fixed through a restoration of the NAND. Start BootMii and restore the NAND.

ok, so i have:
-bootmii folder
-->armboot.bin
-->bootmii
-->ppcboot.elf
-keys.bin
-nand.bin

where do i put these on the SD card?

bloodbend3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i put the files in the root of the SD card, but it says "BootMii not found, too dangerous to continue! if your SD is corrupt or restore is interrupted, you will be unable to boot to fix it. if you are SURE you want to do this, KONAMI. otherwise, press [Z] to give up."

are there any other files on the SD card i need for this to work?

nevermind. found out you have to input the Konami code (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A) to get it to start. clever.

hvckz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you don't have to restore your nand back up, if you can boot to bootmii just go to homebrew channel and run any region changer and region change your Sm to the system menu version installed on your wii.

then reinstall your cios again to to run usb loader. i think your wii is modified with a chip.. and you updated it with a disc with a different region on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr