Wii Serial Number (NTSC)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by tubebar, May 24, 2009.

May 24, 2009

Wii Serial Number (NTSC) by tubebar at 1:24 AM (1,432 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. tubebar
    OP

Member tubebar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a freidn who works at GameStop and he is buying a Wii and would like the oldest model. The only thing I am aware of is the model's LU^4 have new hardware that cannot be hacked (fram what read), I have a mid 2008 LU63 model, he said there are other numbers and I have no idea how to read them to tell him what the best one is.

Any idea?

2. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    From what I understand LU64 and above are gimped in regards to softmods. I just came from Microcenter and saw they had about 20 consoles sitting on the shelf, I checked a few, all LU63. I was tempted to get another one "just in case" like I did for my Dreamcast, but that's $250 for a rainy day. Hm. If I knew I could just send back a "newer" one and only pay shipping, I'd be tempted to buy a second one off of Dell Home, with a 15% off coupon, they are $215.

3. tubebar
    OP

United States
    Thanks Jesterscourt, what about lower then LU63? He said there were both LU64 and LU63 and some others...are they higher? I guess to be safe I will tell him LU63, though they are mid 08 models and won't do boot2 (mine doesn't either) but still at least they are hackable.

$250 is a lot but if your Wii breaks then what? Nintendo isn't going to fix it and let you hack it again and if you buy another Wii chances are it will be to new, and buying older used ones prob have too many updates (4.0) etc. from the damn discs! So for Wii that's what I am doing having him get me one too, $250 is small compared to being forced to pay for games!

4. r9delta

Banned r9delta Banned

United States
    OH NOES! [​IMG]

5. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Which is why BannerBomb is used as its superior to the Twilight Hack.

6. tubebar
    OP

United States
    First time I heard of Bannerbomb, so for 4.0 systems you can use that?

7. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    For any Firmware at the moment.

8. stok3d

Member stok3d Retro Gaming Inc.

Canada
    LU50 here..*fist pump*