Hacking Wii Sent in and Main CircuitBoard REplacement

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I sent in my Wii to Nintendo and they replaced the main circuitboard. Before I sent in my Wii I made a nand dump. Do you think I can restore my wii with the old nand dump, or do you think It will not work due to the circuit board change? What I mean to say is will I successfully be able to restore my Wii with a nand dump? Will the nand keys Match?

Tsunii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Emeraldman94 said:
how can I find out my keys via the computer.
do a bootmii nand backup on your new wii
that will give you a key.bin file that is needed to make the old nand dump usable with your wii

old dump + new keys + betwiin = success
wink.gif

codone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump the new NAND with bootmii, and check the keys.bin file, inside, there is a line:
ConsoleID: xxxxxxx

The xxxxx is the unique console ID. If thats changed, its a new NAND and it wont restore. I don't know how to "convert" another console's NAND to a different one.

Actually, I think Bootmii shows this console ID on the dump screen as well. Maybe wouldn't actually have to dump the new one to see the ID...

PS -- the poster above mentions a method to perhaps do this:

QUOTE said:
old dump + new keys + betwiin = success

Vattu

Trophies
XP
Country
Emeraldman94 said:
Well will between bring over all saves and channel tickets??
everything... well, take that with a grain of salt. if any info stored on good nand-blocks gets written on any bad block on the new wii, the info might be lost. I don't know if the program handles that now. but everything should be just as before. EVERYTHING.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM