Wii Sells 30 Millionth console in the US.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
QUOTE said:
Nintendo has announced that sales of the Wii in the U.S. have surpassed 30 million units, setting a new record for the milestone. The Wii reached the number after only 45 months, a full 15 months quicker than the next best-selling console on record, the PlayStation 2. For worldwide and lifetime sales the system still has a lot of catching up to do -- not to mention that if we count handheld systems, the DS rules the roost.

"More than any other video game system in history, Wii has expanded the world of video games to new audiences," said VP of marketing Cammie Dunaway in the press release. "This milestone is another reminder that people want fun games they can play with others - all at a value-minded price."

As part of the announcement, the company also released updated lists of the top ten first- and third-party games:

1. Wii Play
2. Mario Kart Wii
3. Wii Fit (with Balance Board)
4. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
5. Wii Sports Resort
6. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
7. Super Mario Galaxy
8. Wii Fit Plus (with Balance Board)
9. Mario Party 8
10. Link's Crossbow Training

1. Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock
2. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
3. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
4. Carnival Games
5. Game Party
6. EA Sports Active
7. Just Dance
8. Rayman Raving Rabbids
9. Deca Sports
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

source

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I have no idea how the Wii is REALLY doing, all the time its either down or up.. Not knowing how is it doing
unsure.gif

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people post stuff like this? Post stuff that actually matters. I'm sure there's something somewhere.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sjones900 said:
Why do people post stuff like this? Post stuff that actually matters. I'm sure there's something somewhere.
Better something gaming related (which is what this site is supposed to be about) than some random stuff about animal molestors in a random town in a random country. That kind of stuff belongs to GOTC, this is still USN-worthy.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
sjones900 said:
Why do people post stuff like this? Post stuff that actually matters. Im sure there's something somewhere.
U should try posting something that actually matters,I'm sure there's something somewhere
wink.gif
laugh.gif
I agree with KingVamp. Also, sjones, it's your opinion that this doesn't matter. I think it matter and I find it interesting. I'm sure other people do as well.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm sorry, but the fact the wii sells allot is no surprise. But if you think this is interesting, that's fine I'm not going to argue with that.

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
4. Carnival Games
5. Game Party
6. EA Sports Active
7. Just Dance
9. Deca Sports

This is why i sold my wii and got a xbox 360 its a shame but im hoping nintendos next console wont be neglected by third party

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gov78 said:
4. Carnival Games
5. Game Party
6. EA Sports Active
7. Just Dance
9. Deca Sports

This is why i sold my wii and got a xbox 360 its a shame but im hoping nintendos next console wont be neglected by third party

I'll actually defend EA Sports Active, it's definitely not shovelware. Reviews for it were pretty good. I mean it's not really a game but as a workout routine it works quite well. My dad has it and he says it builds up a sweat. Also tracks motion surprisingly well.

But the rest are shit though, no doubt about that.

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!11
No Vegita its higher than that.....WAY HIGHER! it has something a thousand doesnt, a million.
I bought the last wii at Game (A shop) when the wii came out the first day and there were like 3 people behind us and I luckily got the last one =D

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
dudeonline said:
QUOTE said:
1. Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock
2. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
3. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
4. Carnival Games
5. Game Party
6. EA Sports Active
7. Just Dance
8. Rayman Raving Rabbids
9. Deca Sports
10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

source

Apart from 1 and 3 this list shows the 'great' plethora of games that other developers make for this console.
hate2.gif

The Ey Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, I'm actually not really that surprised. It's cheap, less confusing, easy games, fun games.

Perfect for the casual family, and the one console people must have. Then comes either a PS3 or 360.

But that sure is an impressive number. I just hope their next console doesn't go the same way...
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte