Hacking Wii sd card and usb HDD

Chase.Collins19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i've read the stickies and i am still a little confused on how to add actual homebrew and other applications. I feel like all the homebrew i want to add would be too much for the 2gb SD card to hold. So i guess my question is what do i put on the 2gb sandisk sd card and what do i put on an external usb? Sorry again if this is a really stupid question.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose that just about everything can be run from a usb hdd, but the way I do it is -

all the apps I run from homebrew go on the SD card in the apps folder, and I only use the usb hdd for larger files like iso and movies, any roms for emulators I use the SD card or wifi from my computer, movies also wifi from my computer. Once your wii is hacked feel free to use a larger SD card.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think it's best to just try things. Homebrew by itself isn't big at all, and 2GB is only small in comparison to other cards...it's actually plenty to hold. But as SickPuppy said: just keep games and movies on the USB drive and you'll be fine. :)

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you Really want, you can put ALL homebrew on your usb drive, just make a folder called apps, and put your HB apps there.
eliminating your SD card altogether.
To load apps from USB = goto HBC, press 1 on the wiimote, choose load from USB, and it'll load whatever homebrew you have in the apps folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr