Wii Scrubber 1.2... not scrubbing?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fiveighteen, Jul 29, 2008.

1. fiveighteen
    OP

fiveighteen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    I've used Wii Scrubber before and had it working, but it's been a while and I can't figure out what it's problem is now.

I click "Load ISO" and navigate to my bullyscholarshipedition.ISO. I have "Save Options" set to "ISO", "Scrub Type" set to "0xFF", and "Keep Headers" set to "Yes". Then I click "Clear and Save ISO" and save it as (default) bullyscholarshipedition(compress).ISO. The problem is, when I view the two files in windows explorer after scrubbing it, they are the same size (4.37GB)! What could I be doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

(Edited for pesky typos)

2. Dack

Dack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 26, 2007
    UK
    Um...you could then compress the one labelled 'compress'

3. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Scrubbing a disc won't make it smaller, but if you rar it/zip it, it will be alot smaller, since Winrar for example ignores empty data, that aint needed in the compression.

4. fiveighteen
    OP

fiveighteen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Oh wow. I feel stupid. For some reason I was thinking that the output ISO was supposed to be smaller. [​IMG]

This can be locked. Thank you Dack and linuxares.

5. SenorClean

SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah - you have archive it, or turn on NTFS file compression - then the 'size on disc' will be significantly smaller than the size.

6. xmanfit0

xmanfit0 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    wow. So that's why all my isos haven't been compressing. Thanks to all you people who answered, you just helped me a lot.