Hacking Wii screwed up after bootmii v2 install!!!

masterjoel201

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's my problem. I just installed bootmii v2. however, now whenever i play ghwt or SSBB, my wii will freeze either when i start a brawl match, or randomly when a song is loading. I tried deleting save files, cleaning disks, but those things work only temporarily, then its right back to it. this sucks, because my favorite game to play is GHWT, so i need some help pretty fast!! I tried reverting to an older nand dump, but this nand was dumped just after I installed bootmii v2. It might not have to do with bootmii at all, but thats the only thing i've installed since it stopped working. Please help me pretty soon!!!

UPDATE: OK, usb loader didnt work, it's still screwed up... I really think it's save file oriented...

masterjoel201

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally, it think that bootmii is corrupting those saves, because if I delete the saves, it will work for a short while. However, even after a bootmii uninstall/reinstall, it's still screwed.

Posts merged

they are not copies, but it is not the disks. It can't be a coincidence like that.

masterjoel201

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also forgot to mention, previously had to revert to old NAND dump because of a "system files are corrupted, check wii manual" error

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
un install it as ios you only need boot2 but odds are the disk are just both scrached in a bad spot.
the same thing happened to my twilight princess i installed cios backed it up and ran it with the backup launcher and it no longer hung or froze in places.

576ZR673tf

Go USBLoader and you're good !

I mean, it can be out of thread like, but I4ve been having problems with my DVD drive myself. It is strange because, of all my disks which were running perfect, now some disks are okay, some are not, while they are not scratched (I take much care).

So I went all USBLoader and I don't have any need anymore for disks. DVD drive should just disappear in next-next-gen consoles.

masterjoel201

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this still doesnt explain the system files are corrupt message... what could be the cause for that?

edit: It also doesnt explain why deleting the save files allowed it, for a short while, to work.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some times system channels if loaded to fast can give this message"system files are corupt" (hbc done this to me once a while back.) because the music or animation are to big or don't have time to load or you had a simi brick or updated out of region lots of possibilities to as why.

masterjoel201

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool. I'll give the usb loader a try! It's probably also because brawl and GHWT are my disks with the most on them (ex. Brawl is dual layered)

Thanks for all the help!

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
May bootmii be installed as IOS or as boot2, it cannot, and never will affect your saves.

You know what? Your NAND is dieing.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
Try the NAND backup feature of BootMii and record how many bad blocks there are. If you can tell us these, as well as any potential error messages, we could confirm or deny the assumption that your NAND is dying. It's more likely that the ISFS got slightly corrupted somehow, which doesn't necessarily mean NAND failure.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Helsionium said:
Try the NAND backup feature of BootMii and record how many bad blocks there are. If you can tell us these, as well as any potential error messages, we could confirm or deny the assumption that your NAND is dying. It's more likely that the ISFS got slightly corrupted somehow, which doesn't necessarily mean NAND failure.

This experiment may be inaccurate, because Nintendo sells every NAND chip that have less than 80 blocks.
I admit I misquoted my post; It is more likely that the FAT32 filesystem is corrupted, not the chip. I just came up to this very fast conclusion, as there is to my knowledge no way to re-format the NAND, hence repairing the problem.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, the restore feature doesn't rewrite boot1 or boot2 so if you use a backup you made with beta1 you'll still have beta2 installed when you're done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1