OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all,

I was wondering if any more users have found that their Wii units start to make small (circular) scratches on their DVD's + producing noise (like something is against the discs)? A friend of mine has this problem (opened up the Wii but the problem is entirely in the disc drive itself which is relativly harder to open so I haven't done that yet, might do that anyway to see if I can spot the problem then) and I was wondering if this might be a general problem with Wii units (it's a near release date Wii btw). Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers,
Scorpei

JesterDev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of this happening before. Perhaps there is something stuck in the drive somewhere - not likely but it's possible I suppose. You really shouldn't have to take it apart to far, just to the point of a chip install, and from there you should be able to see if anything there.

On second thought, perhaps (if this Wii was modded) there might be some pressure on the drive somewhere. Make sure there is nothing pressing up against it.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I saw an orig WiiPlay disc that was scratched on a friends Wii when he moved the Wii while it was running.
Left a nice circle on the face and made the disc DRE regularly afterwards.
I imagine some chip installs that are not fitted well (without ample clearance) would also cause pressure on the side of the drive, creating less tolerance for jitter/movement of the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended