Homebrew Wii Save States

kjaved373

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know nearly every emulator has savestates, but is there anything where you can use savestates on the wii?

i think that savestates are one of the required things for all systems

thanks in advance

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i know of no system which has built in save states, only on the emulators. and the psp has a plugin to allow it and ds can do it on some flash cards, but thats it.

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
And some NDS Flash Carts have RTS. I don't think this is something easy to do and it would requiere something to be running in the background all the time. Unless it's done on an emulator I highly doubt it could ever be accomplished on the real hardware. Maybe USB Gecko could add save states, it would take forever to save/load though. Not worth it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kjaved373 said:
I know nearly every emulator has savestates, but is there anything where you can use savestates on the wii?

thanks in advance

Why do you need it ? If you do that then its cheat and you are not going to be SKILL player. Try play without use the savestates.
smile.gif

The savestates are for kids.. It is not necessarily for you to use it unless you are lazy.
smile.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to run something in the background to do savestates. For wii games, it would require quite a bit of work and the savestates would be quite large... At least 64mb uncompressed (all the data stored in the ram and video ram).

It's not impossible... but it'd take quite a bit of work and would probably be quite a pain for little reward.

P

pasc

QUOTE(kjaved373 @ Jul 2 2009, 06:11 PM)

thanks in advance

Why do you need it ? If you do that then its cheat and you are not going to be SKILL player. Try play without use the savestates.
smile.gif

The savestates are for kids.. It is not necessarily for you to use it unless you are lazy.
smile.gif

I actually don't see it that way completly...

A savestate at the right time will cut down cutscenes that you would otherwise have to watch infinitely.
(Just one example: Boost guardian on MP2, I currently am desparing on this b+tchy opponent, and having to watch the cutscene, roll that path again and again doesn't make it easier at all.... 4 energy tanks just don't seem to cut it)

Back when I was younger I had time the whole day long. nowadays I like savestates for saving me hours and days of useless repetition.
(Before anyone screams "CHEATER": I only use them rarely and most systems I play on don't support savestates anyways).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

A savestate at the right time will cut down cutscenes that you would otherwise have to watch infinitely.
(Just one example: Boost guardian on MP2, I currently am desparing on this b+tchy opponent, and having to watch the cutscene, roll that path again and again doesn't make it easier at all.... 4 energy tanks just don't seem to cut it)

Back when I was younger I had time the whole day long. nowadays I like savestates for saving me hours and days of useless repetition.
(Before anyone screams "CHEATER": I only use them rarely and most systems I play on don't support savestates anyways).
Thread was over 3 years old. No real need to bump it for that.

P

pasc

oh, right, seems you are right about the date, howver it is still better than opening a new thread right ?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The PSP can do it because plugins can run overtop of the system (not globally, they're reloaded when switching between VSH/GAME/POPS it seems), the Wii can't run any shared code though.
http://hackmii.com/2009/02/why-the-wii-will-never-get-any-better/

As for flash carts, they're additional hardware and storage, and the DS only has 4MB of RAM so a state isn't that big.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(kjaved373 @ Jul 2 2009, 06:11 PM)

thanks in advance

smile.gif

smile.gif

Ummm. it was in 2009 anyway until I just realized about savestate. You do not need to answer the 2009 outdate at all. Just Ignored my old message in 2009, alright ? :)

Right now, I liked savestate alot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."