Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could lead to some interesting homebrew, but i have seen many developers who shun this kind of stuff due to legal issues

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's as useless as ever, you can only compile stuff with a valid licence and even then you can do less than with the homebrew SDK since you can only do game stuff and all their code is way more complicated than the homebrew SDK.

If you have an NDEV/RVT-H/RVT-R(With a Burner) this CAN be useful otherwise just there is nothing to see here ...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Depending on how new it is, it might be interesting to see how the latest region protection works. And if it's really brand new and there aren't any games available yet that were created using it, then it might contain the source for a new AP method. Other than that i see no point in wasting any time with it.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
this is from late 2008, all tools(which is the real interesting part) are included also.

The latest SDK would be the 3.3.2 one, which is from late 2010.(this is actually the latest).

Above one is fully working bc I had it installed on my DEV PC
smile.gif

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
G0dLiKe said:
this is from late 2008, all tools(which is the real interesting part) are included also.

The latest SDK would be the 3.3.2 one, which is from late 2010.(this is actually the latest).

Above one is fully working bc I had it installed on my DEV PC
smile.gif
Do any of the tools give clues as to what encryption or compression methods some of the files on the Monster Hunter Tri game use? I guess what I'm trying to get at is, can a person decrypt and uncompress the files in a game (for the purpose of viewing the source code) using the tools in the SDK?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
you can't view the sourcecode by decompressing game files, that's not how this works

and game-specific files are probably compressed/encrypted using game-specific tools, not nintendo generic tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's certainly better than the first but it's not awesome either.