Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

If anyone still plays Rockband 3 on the Wii,please I need an advice or Tip.

I have already posted my Issue here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/rock-ba...bility-on-other-consoles.543661/#post-8725376

But please,I have an other Question related to the Controller itself.

111111111111111111Ohne Titel-2.jpg

Is it possible to assign an OTHER Player Number ? I always have NUMBER 4.Maybe that can solve my Issues with Game.

Rockband 3 starts,Controller is connected and found in the Start Menu.
Then I choose NEW PROFILE with the "+" Key on the Guitar and thats it.No other Keys works on the Guitar.I can proceed but no access to the Guitar and its Options (as Player 4)
:

The Receiver is plugged in the UPPER USB with an Microphone attached.
The USB HDD in the LOWER USB (as we know it works ONLY there !).

Thank you for any Hint or Tip or maybe an Solution for my little "trouble".:)

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello my dear Rockband fellow.:)
Since 3 days I have tried to get this Guitar Pro Controller to work:

View attachment 173860

I have tried it with

- USBLoader GX v3.0 r1271
- Configurable USB Loader Mod v70 r78.11
- Boot from Disc (without any other USB device attached then the Receiver for the Guitar like in the Manual described)

View attachment 173861

Rockband 3 starts,Controller is connected and found in the Start Menu.
Then I choose NEW PROFILE with the "+" Key on the Guitar and thats it.No other Keys works on the Guitar.I can proceed but no access to the Guitar and its Options (as Spieler 4):

View attachment 173865

Maybe the Controller is "broken"....i do not know it.It seems to work for me.
This "great" thing works ONLY for Rockband 3.

Perplexing; the cIOS Installation instructions at Complete Softmod Guide should work with all USB peripherals. I don't have this peripheral yet, but have you tried these instructions?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Perplexing; the cIOS Installation instructions at Complete Softmod Guide should work with all USB peripherals. I don't have this peripheral yet, but have you tried these instructions?
Thank you.

Exactly this is on what it finally fails....I think only for Rockband 3 and that §"!"$§ Guitar it is necessary to change something in this Slots.
In late August I have freetime and I will Softmod my second Wii only for that.I think that would be the best solution to get this finally to work.:)
and FINALLY custom songs !!!!:yaywii:

Reactions: HarveyHouston

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think only for Rockband 3 and that §"!"$§ Guitar it is necessary to change something in this Slots.
I'm pretty sure the guitar isn't bad; it may be due to software. My RB3 basic guitar suddenly disconnected, due to the dongle turning itself off! I had to reset the game in order to re-establish a connection. No problem since; I'm still not sure what the problem was.

Considering that you may not be able to diagnose the problem until late August, I will see if I can obtain a Pro Guitar before then, so I can discover if I have the same problem. I can't guarantee anything, but I'll try to help. :)

EDIT: Rereading your post, it may be due to a bad dongle. See if you can get another one.

Last edited by HarveyHouston,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you.

Rockband was not my favorite until I get a Wii.I am a Guitar Hero Fan from the beginning on the PlayStation 2.Then suddenly further Releases stopped and it goes further to PS3/PS4 (very successful as you know ......:rolleyes: ).Then I got a PlayStation 2 with a Modchip and was finally able to try Rockband games and its Addons.The best: NO extra Guitar needed.And that is the main reason why I am not a great Rockband Fan until today: The Rockband guitars are great,no doubt about it,BUT the PRICE !!! And STILL today as used one.And the People who sells them now on private Seller/Buyer platforms KNOWS that.No Rockband Guitar UNDER 100 EUROS.:ohnoes:

Thats why I came so late into WII Rockband.This Pro Guitar costs me 35 Euros and I REALLY hope it works and is not broken.:(

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockband was not my favorite until I get a Wii.I am a Guitar Hero Fan from the beginning on the PlayStation 2.

A little off-topic, but it may interest you to know that it's possible to import songs on Guitar Hero titles into Rock Band titles that support DLC. I haven't tried it myself, as I don't own any Guitar Hero titles for Wii, but it can be done.

The Rockband guitars are great,no doubt about it,BUT the PRICE !!! And STILL today as used one.And the People who sells them now on private Seller/Buyer platforms KNOWS that.No Rockband Guitar UNDER 100 EUROS.:ohnoes: Thats why I came so late into WII Rockband.This Pro Guitar costs me 35 Euros and I REALLY hope it works and is not broken.:(

Me too, bud. 100 Euros sounds like a lot; you did good to get it for 35 ($39 roughly, in U.S. dollars). Hope you can find a cheap dongle...

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
A little off-topic, but it may interest you to know that it's possible to import songs on Guitar Hero titles into Rock Band titles that support DLC. I haven't tried it myself, as I don't own any Guitar Hero titles for Wii, but it can be done.

Yes,keep spreading salt in my wounds....:rofl2::yay:

One day my Guitar works,i swear it by the beard of Spock.:D

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Another try today.
I found this great manual here on GBAtemp:

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Rock_Guide

Then I see this:

@XFlak ´s corrections:

just a couple things that need correcting...
there are multiple cIOSs that work with these games now, they include the following:
-hermes-v4[37+38 ] (installed to slot 222 or 223, doesn't matter)... this is the cIOS that has been tried tested and true, but the other cIOSs below are faster (but may have compatibility issues that I have not yet discovered) -hermes-v5[37] (installed to slot 223 or 224) -wanins-v19[37] (installed to slot 249 and/or 250)
the one major thing I think ur guide is missing, is how to get pirated DLC to work (currently only works with the original/retail disc... I think). I don't know too much about this, but i think cioscorp + backup disc launching gets DLC working (just in case you 'misplaced' the retail disc)

Maybe one of these helps for a solution.:)

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this great manual here on GBAtemp:

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Rock_Guide

Then I see this:

@XFlak ´s corrections:

just a couple things that need correcting...
there are multiple cIOSs that work with these games now, they include the following:
-hermes-v4[37+38 ] (installed to slot 222 or 223, doesn't matter)... this is the cIOS that has been tried tested and true, but the other cIOSs below are faster (but may have compatibility issues that I have not yet discovered) -hermes-v5[37] (installed to slot 223 or 224) -wanins-v19[37] (installed to slot 249 and/or 250)
the one major thing I think ur guide is missing, is how to get pirated DLC to work (currently only works with the original/retail disc... I think). I don't know too much about this, but i think cioscorp + backup disc launching gets DLC working (just in case you 'misplaced' the retail disc)
Possibly, but the wiki page states a solution that's mainly for games older than Rock Band 3. It wouldn't hurt to try, however I think IOS 37 is not on the Wii U, if you're trying it there (are you? I forget). I have had issues attempting to use Hermes' custom IOSes on vWii, anyway, so it would be best to test this on a Wii instead.

You could try to install a patched IOS 37 yourself on the Wii U, but this could cause serious problems as you are messing with the filesystem of vWii. Only do that if you know how.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The first try was installing the two -hermes-v4 WAD Files

cIOS222[38]-v4.wad
cIOS223[37-38]-v4.wad

On 222 the Controller is not responding
On 223 the Controller is responding but still no other Buttons than the "+" on the Guitar works.(I slowly think the Controller IS broken...)

And I no longer have the Save Error issue but now I can not longer use the SD CARD save option.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The -hermes-4 cIOS223[37-38]-v4 seems the "right" one.
But with this I have NO SD Card save option.

With -wanins-v19[37] cIOS installed to Slot 249 the Receiver is not recognized.

I also set USBLoaderGX to BOTH USB Ports.

And I still have the doubts the Controller is faulty.:sad:

I take a break for now.....

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Last try for today:
Installed

-hermes cIOS223[37]-v5 - USB Receiver/Guitar is recognized,again only Button "+" works and also again NO SD CARD Save.
-hermes cIOS222[38]-v5 - USB Receiver/Guitar is NOT recognized and also again NO SD CARD Save.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Testing is over,the Guitar it broken,finally I know it 100 percent.:angry:

After installing many different cIOSes from different developers,I thought
"What happens when i plug the Guitar Receiver into an USB on my PC ?"

Correct,it is installed as "Harmonix RB3 Mustang Guitar for Nintendo Wii" and connects correctly with the Guitar.:)
And thanks to WINDOWS we have this wonderful feature of calibrate and testing the Controller:

crap.jpg

And now the solution:

Only the "+" and "-" and the "Connect" Button works as on the Wii.

No direction PAD,No A,B,1 or 2 Button....

I wil take a look into it tomorrow....I suspect a liquid damage/corrode damage or something like that......

Yes,many hours of my precious life are now gone....:rofl2:

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing many different cIOSes from different developers,I thought
"What happens when i plug the Guitar Receiver into an USB on my PC ?"

Thanks to WINDOWS we have this wonderful feature of calibrate and testing the Controller...

Only the "+" and "-" and the "Connect" Button works as on the Wii. No direction PAD,No A,B,1 or 2 Button....

I wil take a look into it tomorrow....I suspect a liquid damage/corrode damage or something like that......
I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope it's a simple problem. If you can't have it serviced, maybe taking it apart yourself and cleaning the buttons will help. My RB2 guitar has trouble with motion controls for Overdrive, so guitar issues are common, I suppose.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you my friend for for encouraging.:)

I should have wondered why the (private) seller wants only 35 Euros for it.:P

Yes I hope so only contact issues.An other guitar is simply priceless for me (100 Euros and more...)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The Guitar was definitely open before:

- screws was "very" easy to unscrew
- on the two circuit boards lacked screws that should fix them
- the cables was no longer tied together with a cable tie and "were lying around somehow"

I cleaned he contacts/circuit boards (no visual damage or circiut breaks).No success....

This Guitar is for the growing Plastic garbage dump......

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

A little Update:

Since yesterday I am also a proud WiiFlow user.:yaywii:
I have tried the Guitar of course also on it and....

Still no success,that means definetly the Guitar is broken.Closed this case now.

Thank you.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse