Hardware wii rifle

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I want to purchase a rifle for some games as I just bought a wii. I like the CTA sniper rifle but I wasn't sure if there was one better or at a better price. After all, it is just a housing for the controller. I want to use it with ghost squad, house of the dead (you get the idea). I honestly don't know many fps they would be good with as the systems library is kinda new to me. If anyone has any suggestions, either better or cheaper, I'd appreciate it. I want something with some kind of sight, if that would even matter because they probably wouldn't align with the sensor correctly. The top shot elite guns look cool too but I've read the red scope lens can create an issue as they are hard to see through. Thanks.

(I do have two nyko perfect shot pistols, but I was looking for something rifle-esque if you will in this case.)

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like the feel of shotgun that came with big buck hunter pro. its pretty sturdy and its a fucking shotgun. the bad part is it doesnt give you access to most of the buttons - only the B for cocking it and the c/z on the nunchuk for the trigger. as far as functionality, i have a wii zapper & wiimote i modified to give quick access to almost all of the wiimote & nunchuk buttons.

you have to take into account which buttons do what for games. many shooting games use B as the trigger, so the zapper setup works. buck hunter uses the nunchuk button as the trigger, so you can't use the zapper with that game without writing a code to remap the buttons.

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
mty vote would go to the Top Shot Elite...works well with ghost squad (change the config in settings to use nunchuck as trigger), and the cabela's games. build quality is excellent, and i can't say i ever had an issue with the sight. only issue i have with it though, is the fact that it uses the nunchuck for the trigger, and the B button as reload, so there is a bunch of games that it is awkward to use with.

W.I.C.K.E.D.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I purchased two of these, as it uses the B button to fire.
http://www.amazon.co...32427773&sr=8-1
The scope is not made for accuracy, so I was considering modding it with an airsoft sight or something of that nature. Most likely a red dot. The trigger seems a little stiff, but I imagine that will pass with time. If not I will probably grease the components and/or mod them somewhat so that I don't wear out my hand pulling the trigger. This feels like a pretty solid rifle though. Without the sight it is pretty accurate, but without any sight, it feels a little awkward to look down. If anyone has any suggestions that might make this thing a little nicer let me know, I'm open to any and all. Thanks :D

Edit : The sureshot they offer seemed good too, but the c and z buttons are on the side, so if used to shoot this would be awkward. The c and z on the one I got are placed on the front of the magazine, so even if you have to use the nunchuck to shoot, it doesn't feel that weird.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. those are the type of guy where you get up on the top bunk of your bunkbeds, sprawl out on your stomach, and drape a blanket over yourself.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol