Wii RGB SCART Red screen problem...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by stevehak512, Mar 28, 2011.

Mar 28, 2011
  1. stevehak512
    OP

Newcomer stevehak512 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I got a SCART cable for my JAP Wii which has been region changed to a US Wii.

Anyway hooked up an RGB cable and the screens red.

Is it possible to fix the colours ?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Why did you get a RGB cable for a NTSC Wii, while RGB is for PAL only? If you hack your Wii and force it to run in PAL video mode, then everything would have the correct color and it would have a better quality than the crap cables. But even hacked, it won't allow you to play all NTSC games in PAL video mode.

I suggest to get a s-video cable or component cables.

3. stevehak512
    OP

Newcomer stevehak512 Newbie

United Kingdom
    My TV is old it doesn't have component, and SVideo sockets are located in a bad position.

The cable was pretty cheap so I'm not too disappointed.

4. paulee123

Member paulee123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you use gx loader or something along the lines, go in to games DISC settings ( on gx loader when you select yr game u see the disc of the game spinning) the settings change the video option to auto patch.

This should fix it.

5. kazekun

Member kazekun GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Its the cable itself problem, i have a pal wii, and i bought a rgb cart cable, it worked normally for pal games, +/- it decreased my tv quality a bit in terms of colours, but for ntsc games, it turned red, heres what i advise you, simply buy a small piece, where you connect the real wii cable to the tv, it shall work perfectly, duno about jap wiis, but, pal wiis bring that piece with them.