Hacking Wii-repo Almost launching...

D

Deleted-171178

Will this be an app for the wii?
If so, how will we use IRC/will it be built in?
Will there be WADs?

If you answered yes to the above 3 questions, you are awesome.

WiiMonkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
beegee7730 said:
Will this be an app for the wii? No for PC

If so, how will we use IRC/will it be built in? No you will need mirc or another irc client

Will there be WADs? 1st answer

If you answered yes to the above 3 questions, you are awesome.

D

Deleted-171178

I think if you made this for the wii as an app it would be MUCH better. seriously, or you just didnt use the variable user/password system so it can be used with FTPII.

palasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while i totally disagree on the need for this, and really even if you put some of this stuff in step by step packages, some people will STILL brick out of stupidity, if you are going to do something like this, do it right.

Homebrew browser is open source isnt it? instead of getting the homebrew list from codemii, edit, recompile, and maintain your own list of more dubious wii apps and wads. the whole idea of homebrew and open source is that you dont need to reinvent the wheel every time you want to drive to a different location.

D

Deleted-171178

palasx said:
while i totally disagree on the need for this, and really even if you put some of this stuff in step by step packages, some people will STILL brick out of stupidity, if you are going to do something like this, do it right.

Homebrew browser is open source isnt it? instead of getting the homebrew list from codemii, edit, recompile, and maintain your own list of more dubious wii apps and wads. the whole idea of homebrew and open source is that you dont need to reinvent the wheel every time you want to drive to a different location.

Second.

sznaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will have wii and pc apps. It's a repository of all the files neccessary for the wii. The wii scene is growing and a single forum for hacking is too much for all these different things. Giving a place solely for distribution will leave this forum more open for real discussions. I will also be providing a place for developers to collaborate to have more in-depth discussions about development not noobs asking questions about the app.

Sorry for typos on iPhone...

ginaldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, but I really don't get it
unsure.gif

Why the additional need for IRC & FTP ?
Are you talking about hosting illegal content ? If not, then why not just make sure that everything is up to date in GBAtemp's download section ?
As far as I can tell, xbins doesn't allow illegal content, so I'm guessing we're talking about legal stuff that is against GBAtemp's rules ?
If so, my hosting provider allows me unlimited domains with unlimited disk space & unlimited bandwidth.
Provided that everything hosted is legal, I'd be more than happy to host your domain for direct downloads (no additional IRC & FTP requirements).
If your interested, feel free to PM me or just respond here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1