Wii remotes not responding and I have no idea what I am doing

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DAN682, Jul 20, 2009.

1. DAN682
    OP

Newcomer DAN682 Newbie

Australia
    Hi,

I have done a search and found many a topic like mine, however I have tried what has been said about pulling the power and disconnecting everything from my Wii and having the remotes respond but I am having no joy.

Firstly I had a person mod my Wii, he failed, I have no idea where the mod process is up to and he has wiped his hands of it. What I really want to do is either:
    Finish the mod with some help or;
    Uninstall the Mod and then I will just get a modchip installed.

All I can see on the screen is the pic attached and like I said absolutely no input works from the remotes, pressing the eject or reset button. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Especially just reversing this mod and getting the Wii back to the way Nintendo intended.

Cheers

Dan

[​IMG]

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Seems you're in the preloader menu and don't have a properly synced wiimote. I believe you need to use a GC controller to go through that menu and you could set it to autoboot the system menu or something and then resync your Wiimote's once in the system menu.

Also that guy brushing off what he did do it without even telling you what he did to it is a pretty dick move. I'd ask him what he did so you at least know where you stand.

3. DAN682
    OP

Newcomer DAN682 Newbie

Australia
    Thanks for the quick reply.

So as I have absolutely no idea, I grab a GC Controller and then click on Systemmenu and sync everything under there or is it more complicated than that?

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    For the time being that should at least get your Wiimotes working but if you don't go to the settings and have it autoboot whatever you want it to autoboot to, then that menu will keep coming up when you boot (though wiimote's should work in it at that point.)

5. DAN682
    OP

Newcomer DAN682 Newbie

Australia
    I bought a GC Controller, I went into the settings. I enabled auto boot to Homebrew, couldn't see anything about pairing the remotes. Homebrew booted, Then I exited out of Homebrew and it said something are you sure you want to exit to the boring menu. I said yes. Then the screen come up all pixelated with a message on the screen in which I couldn't read.

I turned the power off, powered back on now it is stuck at a pixelated homebrew loading menu with an SD Card sign and won't go any further.

Should I get some files and place them on an SD Card and overwrite something or is it not that easy?