Wii Remote/Nunchuk Protectors

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by tama_mog, Jan 11, 2007.

Jan 11, 2007

Wii Remote/Nunchuk Protectors by tama_mog at 4:34 AM (1,067 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. tama_mog
    OP

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Hey guys, I got 4 remotes and nunchuks that me/gf/friends play with when we play party games like Rayman/Wii Sports/Monkey Balls....I have to say sometimes it gets intense and after some time people start to sweat @ the hands and the slipping issue (despite the strap) and getting the pretty white wii remotes/nunchuks dirty is worrying me. Was wondering if people can give me feedback on protectors they're using (aka manufacturer/where you purchased/price etc) on these things. Thanks for your time.

2. cruddybuddy

Banned cruddybuddy Group: Banned!

United States
    I purchased the black, blue, and pink ones and they work just fine. Everyone seems to love them. Keep in mind they do make the controller slightly larger so the buttons do not stick out as far. Also, the strips don't have a cinch.

3. 96hondaex

Member 96hondaex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I bought the one we use at Walmart. They had different colors in stock and they were licensed by NOA. It is pink and it even glows in the dark.

4. tama_mog
    OP

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Thanks for the feedback....I need to see about locating some. They look convenient....but then with the new chargestation coming out for remotes from Nyko, don't know how much of a pain it's going to be taking those protectors on and off. Thanksl.

5. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

The Nyko 87000 charge station comes with 2 NiMH rechargeable battery packs,
    six foot power cable and the battery packs are "rubberized" for grip.

6. cruddybuddy

Banned cruddybuddy Group: Banned!

United States
    They are hell to get on, but you can roll the bottoms up pretty easily in order to change the batteries once they are on.

7. neojei

Member neojei GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got a pair, black and light blue from best buy using muh best buy bucks from mcdees a while back. They work well, a small chunk of the blue one got ripped because they are really hard to get on. Then to replace batteries, it is a hassel. Only thing I'm worried about with these grips are say the light gun shell nintendo is planning, looks like the wiimote slides in; you won't be able to do that with the charging grip or these protectors. For me they're working well, I have sweaty hands, hasn't slipped once since I used these. Slipped twice when I didn't have em.