Wii Remote and nunchuck

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Keyno, May 16, 2007.

May 16, 2007

Wii Remote and nunchuck by Keyno at 9:21 PM (749 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Keyno
    OP

Newcomer Keyno Newbie

United States
    Hi,
    I bought 3 wii remote and nunchuck in USA and sent them to my home , in PAL region but they did`nt work. Then I learned that hardware parts also have region codes , not only the games.
    Now is it possible to use my wiimote and nunchuck with a PAL wii?

Thanks
    Keyn

2. shonosuke

Member shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Weird I have an US controller on my pal wii
    Are you sure theyre synched?

3. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Hardware don't have region codes, IIRC. Do you have some source that says otherwise? I know plenty of people using Jap controllers on USA consoles... I can't imagine USA to PAL would be any different...

4. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    shonosuke is correct. your problem is probably one of syncing. I've exported over 50 systems to the uk now and all of the people are using a mix of us and uk controllers [on their systems and friends] without any issues.

5. Keyno
    OP

Newcomer Keyno Newbie

United States
    I am still in USA , I sent remotes to my family with one of my friend and I didnt try my own.
    My bro told me that they didn`t work. They also called Nintendo Technical Support and asked why it is not working and as for as I know nintendo told that it is not possible to use that devices with our Wii.
    I have no mod chip installed.

Is there anything that I should tell them to try?

6. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    did your "bro" try and sync them?

if so, have him shut off the wii and take the batteries out of all of the remotes.
    turn on the system and wait for it to reach the warning screen and then insert the batteries into one of the u.s. remotes.
    press the sync button on the wii (inside the flap where the sd memory card adapter is), and then press the sync button on the wii remote.

if you've used the remotes on your system prior to sending them to him, chances are, they're still sync'ed with your original system and need to be re-sync'ed with the system that he's trying to use them with now.

7. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    1.) Start up the console
    2.) Press the red button by the SD Card slot under the little cover on the front of the Wii
    3.) Press the red button on the Wii Remote located under the battery cover.

The remote should sync properly and be working.

If that's not working make sure they have charged or new AA batteries in the remote and make sure they're in the right way.

There's no reason why USA remotes shouldn't work on a PAL Wii. With or Without modchip. Nintendo CS was clueless or touting a company line.

Oh, one last thing. I think if you press and hold the red sync button on the Wii down for 15 seconds it clears all synced remotes stored in the system. It would let you get a fresh start if something funny happened.

8. Keyno
    OP

Newcomer Keyno Newbie

United States
    Thank you.