Gaming Wii Releases of 2014

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick list of Wii games that are coming out this year!

• How to Train Your Dragon 2
  • Skylanders Trap Team
  • Just Dance 2015
  • FIFA 15
  • Dream Pinball 3D 2
  • Outdoors Unlimited
  • PSA: World Tour Squash (this one looks interesting from a graphics POV)
It's not much but, surprise surprise, Wii games are still being made! I will most likely get Skylanders: Trap Team to continue my collection and maybe Just Dance 2015. I highly doubt that FIFA 15 will have a online mode.

Reactions: Mylink5

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Still waiting for Rodea the Sky Soldier. :(

The first Dream Pinball game reviewed fairly poorly (54 on Metacritic) but maybe things will improve this time around.

It's frustrating that there are so many Wiis out in the market but interest for it is just dead. Hell, the PS2 got Pro Evolution Soccer 2014--and the Wii didn't! The whole cottage industry around the Wii pretty much collapsed in 2011, so even though stores around me are still full of Wii games which are apparently selling, there's nothing new to speak of. Such a disappointment.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm surprised there's even going to be a FIFA 15 for Wii, but it's EA so they're pretty unpredictable.

I for one have lost my interest for FIFA back in 2012 not because I don't like football but due to just preferring more unrealistic games that you couldn't do in real life.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

• Skylanders Trap Team
  • Just Dance 2015
  • FIFA 15
  • Dream Pinball 3D 2
  • Outdoors Unlimited
It's not much but, surprise surprise, Wii games are still being made! I will most likely get Skylanders: Trap Team to continue my collection and maybe Just Dance 2015. I highly doubt that FIFA 15 will have a online mode.
what a pile of SHIT!

Reactions: BAHIM Z 360

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
In theory, games could be released with online support separately from Nintendo's old service; a number of games used their own servers: Monster Hunter, GoldenEye and a couple of others. Obviously there's essentially zero prospect of this happening, but shutdown of the Nintendo WFC doesn't make officially-sanctioned online on the Wii an impossibility.

I do agree that the lineup looks pretty shit, though. The FIFA games have been copy-paste for two or three years already, so if all you want is a game of soccer you could buy the 2011 edition or something for loose change (or PES 2013, which is still the best soccer sim on the platform; some would say on any platform).

I'm actually kind of hoping for Trap Team to be a bad game. I've never played any of the Skylanders titles, but each new entry makes the old versions plummet in price, and Swap Force is apparently a really solid game. If Trap Team sucks, people could get on board with the first three games by picking up Swap Force at a budget price without feeling like they'll miss out on the fourth game. I have a feeling no further Skylanders games will hit the Wii (it'd be late 2015 at least by the time the next one is ready, does anyone really expect Wii support by then?), so now might just be the best time to jump on board.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly I can agree to that. :sleep:

But the Wii had enough good games - let it sleep.

Oh, and the service for online play does not exist anymore.

There are still online enabled Wii games that use their official servers. You can see the list here...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-online-enabled-wii-games-as-of-june-2014.367511/#post-5025089

Also, I agree that the list is shit but I'm still kinda surprised that games are being made for classic Wii. As for FIFA having online, if the game is being made for both 3DS and Wii it could go both ways.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

• Skylanders Trap Team
  • Just Dance 2015
  • FIFA 15
  • Dream Pinball 3D 2
  • Outdoors Unlimited
  • PSA: World Tour Squash (this one looks interesting from a graphics POV)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for Rodea the Sky Soldier. :(

The first Dream Pinball game reviewed fairly poorly (54 on Metacritic) but maybe things will improve this time around.

It's frustrating that there are so many Wiis out in the market but interest for it is just dead. Hell, the PS2 got Pro Evolution Soccer 2014--and the Wii didn't! The whole cottage industry around the Wii pretty much collapsed in 2011, so even though stores around me are still full of Wii games which are apparently selling, there's nothing new to speak of. Such a disappointment.

According to Wiki, Rodea got pushed to Wii U and 3DS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodea_the_Sky_Soldier

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
According to Wiki, Rodea got pushed to Wii U and 3DS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodea_the_Sky_Soldier

I've seen speculation to that effect, but nothing confirmed, and Wikipedia just quotes speculation. It was always going to be on 3DS, but the lead platform at Prope was Wii; Kadokawa were developing the 3DS port.

wow, I completely forgot about that game!
wasn't it supposed to come out for the Wii? what happened?

Your guess is as good as mine. The Wii version was reported by Yuji Naka to have been complete since mid-2011. Kadokawa were still working on their 3DS port, which seems like it was the sticking point, as the last that anyone heard of it it was about 70% complete. Presumably Kadokawa wanted to do a concurrent launch, so the 3DS version probably held it up until now, the point where the possibility of a Wii release seems vanishingly small.

It's not all bad news for the game though:, Kadokawa did renew the Japanese trademark last month, so it seems like they've still got some plans for the title--that could just mean the 3DS port, a Wii U port, the original Wii version, or anything in between.

I'm not the only person who remembers that game :D
..............I really want it to get released.... :(

I've pretty much given up hope of the Wii version coming out now (although I'd love to be surprised). I think we're probably better off hoping someone at Prope leaks a copy of the game than for Kadokawa to ever put it out. Can't hurt to hope for either, though. The 3DS version probably has the best chance at release, though.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your guess is as good as mine. The Wii version was reported by Yuji Naka to have been complete since mid-2011. Kadokawa were still working on their 3DS port, which seems like it was the sticking point, as the last that anyone heard of it it was about 70% complete. Presumably Kadokawa wanted to do a concurrent launch, so the 3DS version probably held it up until now, the point where the possibility of a Wii release seems vanishingly small.
That kinda sucks. From what I've seen, the game seems like it could benefit from the Wiimote pointer, just like Sin & Punishment 2 (my favorite Wii game). I would hate that they ditch out that control scheme in favor of the Wii U gamepad.

extentofmysin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.repton3.co.uk
XP
Country
Skylanders, Outdoors and PSA might be worth looking into, and maybe just for the enthusiasts, the pinball. The rest? Bleh..

They don't even have Wii games or accessories in the high/main street stores here any more, after last xmas there was a desperate attempt to replace everything wii with xboxone and ps4. The big cities likely fared slightly better, but I have to order everything online now for Wii. Even the Wii U was practically non existent comparing shelf space of each console until the Mario Kart 8 media coverage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it