OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
hello

I am thinking of using the wii region changer on my JAP wii, but I have some question first

how do you install it? (does it need twilight hack or something like that?)

does it change the language? if it doesn't, then will I be able to use channels in english?

is it safe? what are the risks?

thanks

stevey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you need to use the Twilight Hack or the Homebrew Channel (safer). Depending on what you want to use it for and what you change will vary how safe it is. If you use the AnyRegion Changer you can change it in steps or everything. With it you can change the following

*Language setting: Can change some text into a different language depending on the system menu supporting it.
*Area settings: Changes where system look for and what region the system menu is (DO NOT CHANGE IT TO A REGION OTHER THAN YOUR CURRENT SYSTEM MENU OR YOU MIGHT BRICK OR SEMIBRICK THE WII)
*Game Region setting: Will change what region game the system menu will allow boot, (Don't! change to a region different than your current games are in or you could be lock out from changing it back (if you don't have the Homebrew Channel)! Example, better to temporally or semi-permanently patch the system menu to be region free.)
*Video setting: Changes the display mode between NTSC and PAL (DON'T change it unless you have a TV that Supports PAL!)
*Country Code: Changes what Country the Wii shop is (If your awaiting gift you lose them but all the wii points and you account will still remain)
*System Menu Installer: Will install 3.2 of any region (Make sure to change the Area setting too! DO NOT TURN OFF THE WII WHILE IT'S INSTALLING OR THE WII WILL BE BRICKED)

If you want English menus, change the Language setting to English and System Menu and Area to US (since the Japanese menu doesn't have English files). If you just want download and use English (US) channels change the country code and patch the system menu or change the Game region setting (if you have the Hombrew channel to change it back) and they should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies