Hacking Wii recovery menu oddity...

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed startoatch 4.0.3 in v4.0U firmware, and it works great...but I had something odd happen today:

I was in the homebrew channel booting up various emulators and playing some good old classics. I got done and went to exit the HBC. After exiting, the screen went black and all there was was the "4.0U" down in the right corner. I did tick off to install recovery menu in startpatch, and I am assuming this was it. But, you are supposed to hit Y on a gamecube pad in the 1st port as far as I know? Why would simply exiting the hbc after playing around with some emulators just force me into the recovery screen?

Needless to say all I had to do was to turn off the Wii and back on, and it booted normally. Anyone else ever have this happen?

zektor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehh, the heck with it. I don't own twilight princess (actually, that wouldn't even work in 4.0) nor do I have a mod chip. That recovery menu does me very little good. Removed.

Thanks for the reply!

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
Ltsykes said:
I have a better idea, install bootmii if you can, is better
I have to agree with this guy but this isn't a debate about how bootmii is better, the guy just would like some help. As it stands, Ltsykes, is right in terms of it being a previous bug but does it happen with anything else apart from the HBC.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happened to me when I used Starfall as well.

Also, the recovery menu is useful if you only have BootMii-IOS since there's an autoboot disc for BootMii now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls