Wii reads cd, then dont..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by bok_slash, Jun 30, 2007.

Jun 30, 2007

Wii reads cd, then dont.. by bok_slash at 1:22 AM (1,185 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. bok_slash
    OP

Newcomer bok_slash Newbie

Denmark
    Hi. im haveing a few problems getting my Pal wii whit wiikey reading my copy's.

Some times it loads them right away, some times after getting in a out a few times..

and finaly some times if i take the power cord out for a few min...

it does that most of the times, and it seams as if i get it to read a game, then i can change the game og it will read that one whit out a problem...

But what can the problem be..

Can it be the disc's im burning on? (Datawrite - Mach4) i burn them in 2x most of the times. but there are a few x4 when im in a hurry to play [​IMG]

And do you think it will help if i run the Wiikey setup disc and change the disc read to low speed?

i hope you can understand my rubish english [​IMG]

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well the most common problem with Disc read errors is the type of discs you are using. If its not the discs i would say you haven't installed the wiikey correctly.

3. bok_slash
    OP

Newcomer bok_slash Newbie

Denmark
    I have just tryed to burn RE4 on another type of disc (a high quality Printable disc) and what do you know.. it reads it right away every time i put it in.. i have never had any problems whit my datawrite disc's before. my Xbox (the old one) loves em...

What brand of disc's shall i use?

4. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  5. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    urgh i hate printables, they make the disc heavy and some of my consoles can't read the data on them because the printable side of the disc gets in the way when it's reading the disc, i always stick to non printable.

6. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    None of that makes any sense... Printable discs don't weigh any more than a standard disc, although all different brands of discs will vary ever so slightly in weight - The last spindle of TDK non-printable discs I bought for example were almost twice as thick as some of the cheapo discs out there. Also it's not really possible for the printable side to "get in the way" of a lens/laser reading a disc so unless you're using some really horribly, cheap nasty silvers with a crap dye or something you shouldn't have a problem.

[​IMG]

7. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    well it did in my case, with a dreamcast game to be precise, it just didn't like them and it made this horrible whirring sound when i put it in the drive and closed the lid (thought it was gonna explode lol), i haven't and never use printables ever again, no way near my ps2 either.

8. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    I have no idea what you're talking about. I use printable Verbatims on my PS2 and Wii and they work perfectly.

9. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    nonsense really - i use TY03 dye printable discs, having gone through a 100 spindle and had 0 coasters, DREs or other problems. printables are fine, maybe your dvd writer burnt them incorectly, I know a brand of Plextor drive that do not read the disc correctly and burn incorrectly too.

10. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Use IMG Burn to make your Discs (if you haven't already). This seems to work pretty well for me, even with cheaper media sometimes.