Wii problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Artix, Jan 30, 2010.

Jan 30, 2010

Wii problems by Artix at 10:35 PM (597 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Artix

Member Artix GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2009
    I'm not sure what's up, but anyway, when I try to play a gamecube game it switches to a static screen instead of loading it, it doesn't read Wii discs and now I can't even access the homebrew channel.

This happened today, which is like two days after I started running Wiiflow....

any correlation to it/known problem?

It's a weird thing. I sort of managed to fix the GC thing, but it seems that when I have a disc in, I can't access the homebrew channel,
    and yet I can't access the actual disc.
    I found a roundabout way by going priiloader>homebrewchannel>geckoOS to lauch the game... but eh.

Anyway, if anyone knows about this problem, let me know. I'm kinda bothered by not being able to run my legit discs.
  2. Servdogg

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    It's hard to understand exactly what your problem is.

I'm assuming you made some other mods to your wii besides the install of wiiflow, which is probably not likely to mess up your wii the way you described.

I good first step would be to get homebrew channel working again. You could try to run bannerbomb and reinstall the homebrew channel. While your at it, you might as well install bootmii make a nand backup if installed as boot2.

Once homebrew channel is functioning you could obtain all the wads needed for whatever system menu and region your on, with NUS downloader and install them all with wad manager. You may want to search for a tutorial to make sure you do this part correctly.

I'd be surprised if this process doesn't get your wii to read retail discs again.
  3. damysteryman

Member damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Oct 4, 2007
    Did you use Dop-IOS MOD 11.3 or 11.4?

Do you have bootmii installed as boot2 with a NAND backup?
    What System menu version do you have installed?