Hacking Wii: Priiloader/Homebrew Channel - sync Wiimote/don´t have a Gamecube Controller

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

After the last adventure with learning to use saves on SD Card I encounter an interesting issue:

It began with an Game (Mountain Sports US,it starts without any issue except this discribed here) on which i tried to save on SD Card.After reading a guide here,i´ve tried it and ran into an worst experience:

The Wiimote Plus lost sync.After reset/reboot no sync anymore.
Turned the Wii off/disconnected from power - no sync
Ok,no problem,have an Gamecube Controller.....not a bit of it.If you need one,no one is there.

Intelligently i configured my Wii to boot directly into Homebrew Channel.
I can acess Priiloader........and sit there with an "display of awkwardness".
Wii Systemmenu,i can´t reach you......
Great.

And there is my intellectual challenge:

How can I sync my Wiimote Plus now ? :blink:

Thank you for reading and maybe help or advises.

Last edited by Alexander1970,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So you can boot to the HBC and priiloader but without a gamecube controller you can't access the system menu to sync your wii remote plus? Is that accurate?

I can't think of any solutions but wanted to clarify because your message was a bit confusing (for me at least).

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Sorry,the last thing i wanna do is to confuse you.

- No synced WiimotePlus at the moment. (caused by an "issue" in USBLoaderGX)
- I can access Priiloader with holding RESET as usual.
- without Gamecube controller i have no possibility to navigate and i can´t sync my WiimotePlus here,it´s still not synced.
- i can´t get to the Wii HEALTH SCREEN or to the Wii System Menu because i´ve configured the Priiloader to boot directly into Homebrew Channel.And still no chance of sync my WiimotePlus again.

I hope this is a little better explained.:)
Thank you.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Unless u have bootmii installed as boot2 or some way to autoboot a wii disc I think u might need a GC controller. Sorry I don't have any other helpful insights to offer
Edit: u sure you can't sync from the HBC?

Thank you for your reply and your advise with the HBC.
Yesterday i´ve tried it surely 100 times.Then i shut it off and leave it until today a few minutes ago.
I have no idea,but yet after 15-20 tries suddenly it synced.:blink:
The only explaination i have,that i´ve turn on the Wii and at the HBC i start instantly the sync process.Maybe the last hours of "timeout" for the Wii helps.I don´t know.....

Good to know that the HBC is an option.

Thank you for your time and for helping.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

fleamsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your reply and your advise with the HBC.
Yesterday i´ve tried it surely 100 times.Then i shut it off and leave it until today a few minutes ago.
I have no idea,but yet after 15-20 tries suddenly it synced.:blink:
The only explaination i have,that i´ve turn on the Wii and at the HBC i start instantly the sync process.Maybe the last hours of "timeout" for the Wii helps.I don´t know.....

Good to know that the HBC is an option.

Thank you for your time and for helping.:)
Hey I’m having a problem like this. I dumped my nand into the sd and then put the nand emulation to partial so that the games would save to the sd but now the wiimote won’t connect. I tried this thing u put right here and it’s still not working. Do you know what I should do?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey I’m having a problem like this. I dumped my nand into the sd and then put the nand emulation to partial so that the games would save to the sd but now the wiimote won’t connect. I tried this thing u put right here and it’s still not working. Do you know what I should do?
Please remove the SD for testing. Unlike @Alexander1970 I never got a Wii remote to sync in HB Channel.

Do you have Priiloader v0.9 or newer? In this case the (Power) and (Reset) buttons can be used much like in BootMii (or use a USB keyboard).
For older Priiloader versions not supporting this, get a cheap GC controller (unless your console is a RVL-101 without GC ports).

There is another, weird and complex option (will have to search this - link not saved on this computer).

Getting a GC controller is the preferred way for RVL-001 and older Priiloader.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Alexander1970

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended