Gaming Wii Preorder

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I don't want to be left without a Wii at xmas time, so I'm going to preoder.

I looked at places like lik-sang but I'm not pretty sure if I should trust them with my money.
Also, I looked at Amazon to preorder (since free shipping to the UK, I think) and it looks like the american version had a day of preorders and now it just says that they will email you when it's available. Also it's kinda weird that you can preorder the games at Amazon.co.uk but not the actual console?

Anyways, I really need a Wii this xmas, lol. Where did you guys preorder?

RDF

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Too damn expensive I say
sleep.gif
But then again, if Mr RayorDragonFall here aren't thinking of importing the Wii, then Play.com is a pretty darn good choice.

I myself am looking into importing it from the US.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
anyone knows a good place to pre-order a NTSC Wii from USA, from a trusted place of course... although i'm waiting until confirmation of the actual Region Free thingie...

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
It's great!! I had to pay freaking 30euro to preorder mine @ GAME. Ofcourse that means I'm going to have to pay 220euro at the releasedate.
tongue.gif
Let's hope the fools @ game have the offer of trading in yer gamecube and 3 gc games and get a 100euro discount too.. I know EB Games have...
then again, keeping the gamecube is kind of like a memory.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah that may be what they mean but i cannot see that this is written somewhere ... it only says Nintendo Wii Pre Order 0€ ...

So if you tell me that this says that getting on the list costs 0 than how come they normaly say pre oder and put in the actual price ??? does that mean you have to pay twice with other things
rolleyes.gif

P.S. let me have my fund and don't ruin it in such a nice maner

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just so you guys know, I think that the Wii has pretty much been confirmed to not be region free. Check out ign or Joystiq for the details, I don't have the links handy.

Also, lik-sang has been great and I know that it has a lot of positive feedback from everybody. You should have absolutely no problem trusting them with your money, they are as reliable as you can get.

No, I'm not an advertiser XD.

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, damn. I was thinking of just getting it from Europe but if it's region locked then I'm not sure if I should.
Looks like Europe is more vulnerable to missing out on some games but if I import from the US then all my games (or most) would have to be imported too? And that, at the end of the day, sounds pretty expensive >.<
Oh and, ConraDargo, I'm female
tongue.gif

RDF

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know from where should I preorder the Wii?I live in the UAE and I need a store that deliver it here with a reasonable price(not more than 40$ for shipping)

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to bother to preorder. I live in a US town of only 15,000 but there's three stores that will have it in stock (Hastings, Wal-Mart, and Gamestop). When the DS launched, Gamestop hadn't opened yet, and Wal-Mart decided to wait and sell it with their "After thanksgiving" sale. Still, though, Hastings had them in stock for a few days after launch. I'm expecting that the Wii will be in even bigger supply, with three stores selling it, but the town not interested enough in gaming for it to sell out quickly.

Basically, I'm going to camp, and that's good enough for me. Anybody who preorders is breaking the proud history of gamers to camp for games.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm not going to bother to preorder. I live in a US town of only 15,000 but there's three stores that will have it in stock (Hastings, Wal-Mart, and Gamestop). When the DS launched, Gamestop hadn't opened yet, and Wal-Mart decided to wait and sell it with their "After thanksgiving" sale. Still, though, Hastings had them in stock for a few days after launch. I'm expecting that the Wii will be in even bigger supply, with three stores selling it, but the town not interested enough in gaming for it to sell out quickly.

Basically, I'm going to camp, and that's good enough for me. Anybody who preorders is breaking the proud history of gamers to camp for games.

Lucky.
biggrin.gif

I'm unfortunately waiting for the Japanese release and I'm still thinking if I will be preordering or just wait for stock to get here (hopefully).

The only time I've "camped" was when I was in Hong Kong during the Japanese PS2 release. I didn't know what I was thinking and the prices have been ridiculously jacked up since there were only a couple thousand units (the stock came from the initial shipment from Japan that was short to begin with). Still, I've saved my ass off while I was studying there for the PS2 and wanted it bad then. I somewhat regret doing that since it was kinda hard and the HK people aren't as organized as in other places, plus the SCPH-10000 was a POS that broke down after a few months
sleep.gif
... Still, it was also kinda awesome walking and looking at the eyes of the envious people.
rofl2.gif

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
right on!

i waited 8 hours for the ps2 at a 24 hr walmart with 3 of my friends. I was 2nd in line, but it wasn't until the line was full that we found out the store only had 30 of them. We had a lot of fun and it became a very memorable day. That made my launch ps2 that much more special in my eyes...it was like i earned it
happy.gif

Since the wii launches on a sunday, and my favorite football team doesn't have a game that saturday, I'll probably be starting the line at my walmart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.