Wii Preorder

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by RayorDragonFall, Sep 16, 2006.

Sep 16, 2006

Wii Preorder by RayorDragonFall at 1:35 PM (2,889 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. RayorDragonFall
    OP

Member RayorDragonFall I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

Spain
    Ok, I don't want to be left without a Wii at xmas time, so I'm going to preoder.

I looked at places like lik-sang but I'm not pretty sure if I should trust them with my money.
    Also, I looked at Amazon to preorder (since free shipping to the UK, I think) and it looks like the american version had a day of preorders and now it just says that they will email you when it's available. Also it's kinda weird that you can preorder the games at Amazon.co.uk but not the actual console?

Anyways, I really need a Wii this xmas, lol. Where did you guys preorder?

RDF

2. Mike83

Member Mike83 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    www.play.com have always been good for me.

3. ConraDargo

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    Too damn expensive I say [​IMG] But then again, if Mr RayorDragonFall here aren't thinking of importing the Wii, then Play.com is a pretty darn good choice.

I myself am looking into importing it from the US.

4. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    anyone knows a good place to pre-order a NTSC Wii from USA, from a trusted place of course... although i'm waiting until confirmation of the actual Region Free thingie...

5. SomeGuyGG

Member SomeGuyGG GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Just wait a month and you will be able to preorder it from anywhere.

6. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
  7. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    Yes, you pay nothing for getting on the preorder list. Isn't that great?

8. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    It's great!! I had to pay freaking 30euro to preorder mine @ GAME. Ofcourse that means I'm going to have to pay 220euro at the releasedate. [​IMG] Let's hope the fools @ game have the offer of trading in yer gamecube and 3 gc games and get a 100euro discount too.. I know EB Games have...
    then again, keeping the gamecube is kind of like a memory.

9. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Yeah that may be what they mean but i cannot see that this is written somewhere ... it only says Nintendo Wii Pre Order 0€ ...

So if you tell me that this says that getting on the list costs 0 than how come they normaly say pre oder and put in the actual price ??? does that mean you have to pay twice with other things [​IMG]

P.S. let me have my fund and don't ruin it in such a nice maner

10. kobewan

Member kobewan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just so you guys know, I think that the Wii has pretty much been confirmed to not be region free. Check out ign or Joystiq for the details, I don't have the links handy.

Also, lik-sang has been great and I know that it has a lot of positive feedback from everybody. You should have absolutely no problem trusting them with your money, they are as reliable as you can get.

No, I'm not an advertiser XD.

11. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Yes what lakersfan said is correct: Wii is NOT region free

please bare that in mind when ordering.

12. RayorDragonFall
    OP

Member RayorDragonFall I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

Spain
    Ahh, damn. I was thinking of just getting it from Europe but if it's region locked then I'm not sure if I should.
    Looks like Europe is more vulnerable to missing out on some games but if I import from the US then all my games (or most) would have to be imported too? And that, at the end of the day, sounds pretty expensive >.<
    Oh and, ConraDargo, I'm female [​IMG]

RDF

13. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    180 pounds is roughly $340 US? Damn, that is more expensive.

14. Pado

Member Pado GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I just pre-ordered it at my local gameshop [​IMG] ........

15. inter4ever

Member inter4ever GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does anybody know from where should I preorder the Wii?I live in the UAE and I need a store that deliver it here with a reasonable price(not more than 40$ for shipping)

16. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    I'm not going to bother to preorder. I live in a US town of only 15,000 but there's three stores that will have it in stock (Hastings, Wal-Mart, and Gamestop). When the DS launched, Gamestop hadn't opened yet, and Wal-Mart decided to wait and sell it with their "After thanksgiving" sale. Still, though, Hastings had them in stock for a few days after launch. I'm expecting that the Wii will be in even bigger supply, with three stores selling it, but the town not interested enough in gaming for it to sell out quickly.

Basically, I'm going to camp, and that's good enough for me. Anybody who preorders is breaking the proud history of gamers to camp for games.

17. Kyoji

Member Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

United States
    Amen!

18. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    Lucky. [​IMG]

I'm unfortunately waiting for the Japanese release and I'm still thinking if I will be preordering or just wait for stock to get here (hopefully).

The only time I've "camped" was when I was in Hong Kong during the Japanese PS2 release. I didn't know what I was thinking and the prices have been ridiculously jacked up since there were only a couple thousand units (the stock came from the initial shipment from Japan that was short to begin with). Still, I've saved my ass off while I was studying there for the PS2 and wanted it bad then. I somewhat regret doing that since it was kinda hard and the HK people aren't as organized as in other places, plus the SCPH-10000 was a POS that broke down after a few months [​IMG]... Still, it was also kinda awesome walking and looking at the eyes of the envious people. [​IMG]

19. yatzr

Member yatzr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    right on!

i waited 8 hours for the ps2 at a 24 hr walmart with 3 of my friends. I was 2nd in line, but it wasn't until the line was full that we found out the store only had 30 of them. We had a lot of fun and it became a very memorable day. That made my launch ps2 that much more special in my eyes...it was like i earned it [​IMG]

Since the wii launches on a sunday, and my favorite football team doesn't have a game that saturday, I'll probably be starting the line at my walmart.

20. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    All of the GameStop stores by me in the Dallas, TX area claim that they are not taking any Wii pre-orders until October sometime. No date as of yet.