Wii Preorder in Melbourne, VIC

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by GHB, Sep 18, 2006.

Sep 18, 2006

Wii Preorder in Melbourne, VIC by GHB at 10:02 PM (809 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. GHB
    OP

Newcomer GHB Member

New Zealand
    Hi all

I'm crossing the ditch to Melbourne, Australia this week and then again in December, 3 days after the Australian Wii launch day. The New Zealand Wii price is about AU$50 more than it would be to get one in Australia so I figure I am better off buying one there. I already considered trying to import one from the USA to save money but am worried about whether or not it will be region free so would prefer to get a PAL console.

Can any locals recommend a reputable retailer that will do preorders in Melbourne, preferably in one of the central city suburbs? I'm staying in St Kilda for both trips.

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    I would definately pre-order at toys'r'us as they have an extra game offer going.

I just got off the phone with toys'r'us "store support centre" and they confirmed that the pre-order has the included Wii sports plus an extra game.
    The extra game is unknown at this point and may be a specific title or a choice of titles. I'm betting it will be a set title though.

So yeah, that's where I would go. I took off my preorder with EB and changed to toys'r'us yesterday.
    Check the toysrus.com.au for store locations.

3. guidop

Newcomer guidop Newbie

Australia
    well most stores only hold pre-orders for 48 hours, i know eb games does.