Wii Power Supply Question (JPN Wii in UK)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Tokiopop, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Tokiopop
    OP

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    Although I'm fairly certain this will work, I'm useless when it comes to this side of electronics.

Can I safely use a UK power brick for a Japanese Wii? Nothing will burn, explore, or disappear into thin air? :D

2. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    I believe the Wii itself used the same amount of DC electricity no matter what region. The only thing I think that is different is the actual brick or AC to DC converter. So if you just get a different brick the Wii should be fine?

I am not 100% but if you have the Wii in front of you and both the original and the UK power brick you can be 100% sure by checking the output voltages and amps.

3. Tokiopop
    OP

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    Well I'll be using a UK brick for it, so I should be fine? If not, it's coming with a Japanese brick, so could I just get some sort of UK to Japanese power outlet adapter?

4. MeowTheMouse

MeowTheMouse GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I dunno if this helps, I'm using my UK brick with my US wii with out using any sort of converter I used to use with my american brick.

5. torrent_get

torrent_get Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2011
    Yes UK psu will be okay to use with a import machine.

Its what I use with Japanese wii.

6. KoopaHax35000vr

KoopaHax35000vr Idk

Jan 24, 2013
    United States
    California
    M
    Me too