Wii Possible Brick?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by iggloovortex, Jan 13, 2011.

Jan 13, 2011

Wii Possible Brick? by iggloovortex at 9:24 PM (480 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. iggloovortex
    OP

Member iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My wii was in standby mode, so i go eject Mario Kart Wii, to play some MH3, and then it wont turn on.

So im thinking wtf

i hard turn it off, and turn it back on, press reset at Bootmii, and Black Screen.

i continue to repeat the turning on and off process due to the black screens, until the wii menu shows up.

i put in MH3, and the disc channel is spinning, too long. so i take the disc back out, to see that the discs in disc channel are still spinning.

saying fuck this, i restart my wii and im currently restoring my NAND from a backup i made a long time ago.

So what exactly happened here? lol

EDIT: upon further research i discovered that a broken bluetooth module could cause the same black screen symptoms. But im still thinking how as my wii has been sitting there, last thing i used it for was to play Mario Kart 2-3 days ago. Oh and no i did not install any software at all, unless playing Mario Kart online is considered installing software

EDIT2: the NAND restore worked perfectly. My issue WAS NOT a broken Bluetooth module. The only issue i have right now is updating my IOS's again since the backup i used was WAY before i installed DARKCORP, and im sure a lot of other recent IOS's. so yea fixed but still odded out at random semi brick.

2. iggloovortex
    OP

Member iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It appears after NAND restoring, i lost all my save files. FUCK.
    all my MH TRI progression gone. . .