DrLivingstoned

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi !

I used to play skylanders on the old WII with the portal of power.
I know that skylanders can be played on the switch using the nfc on the joycon, but we like the portal so much.

Did anyone ever try to connect the portal to the switch? did it work ?

Another question, can all the skylanders be used on the switch, or only the latest generation ?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi !

I used to play skylanders on the old WII with the portal of power.
I know that skylanders can be played on the switch using the nfc on the joycon, but we like the portal so much.

Did anyone ever try to connect the portal to the switch? did it work ?

Another question, can all the skylanders be used on the switch, or only the latest generation ?
Use the Right Joy-Con NFC touch point or a Switch Pro Controller

DrLivingstoned

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for info.

But the question remains ... can we connect the portal directly to the switch.
We like the old way where you put the physical skylanders on the portal.

thanks

Last edited by DrLivingstoned,

maddenmike95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for info.

But the question remains ... can we connect the portal directly to the switch.
We like the old way where you put the physical skylanders on the portal.

thanks

No, the portal of power is not compatible with the switch. Skylanders used to be my sons favorite games through the whole series and he tried to use all three portals that he owns on the switch with no luck, so sorry the answer is no. Also all previous skylanders will scan into the new imaginators game but scanning superchargers vehicles and traps will only unlock chests with new parts for creating skylanders because the switch version of imaginators doesn't have racing mode. My son lost interest in skylanders when they stopped putting pvp battle mode in the game. Imagine all the possibilities if activation would have added battle mode into imaginators. It would have been similar to super smash bros. LOL (super skylanders)

Reactions: DrLivingstoned

DrLivingstoned

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, the portal of power is not compatible with the switch. Skylanders used to be my sons favorite games through the whole series and he tried to use all three portals that he owns on the switch with no luck, so sorry the answer is no. Also all previous skylanders will scan into the new imaginators game but scanning superchargers vehicles and traps will only unlock chests with new parts for creating skylanders because the switch version of imaginators doesn't have racing mode. My son lost interest in skylanders when they stopped putting pvp battle mode in the game. Imagine all the possibilities if activation would have added battle mode into imaginators. It would have been similar to super smash bros. LOL (super skylanders)

Thanks maddenmike95. Clear and good answer.
Now I have to find another way to use the portal. It is so nice in the dark with the LED light effects.
But googling on "portal and nightlight" does not provide an easy answer.
So I will keep the old wii and portal operational.

Thanks

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks maddenmike95. Clear and good answer.
Now I have to find another way to use the portal. It is so nice in the dark with the LED light effects.
But googling on "portal and nightlight" does not provide an easy answer.
So I will keep the old wii and portal operational.

Thanks
If the lights just come on when it's powered, maybe you can just plug it into a USB charger. If they flash sequences under the game's control, then it won't be that simple. You could hypothetically use something like a raspberry pi zero to control it, but that'll be a lot easier if someone has already worked out the protocol and written open source code to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on