zosh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
Great remix of the original Pong concept. A version where the ball turns around mid-field, goes through the paddle to turn around behind it, and let's you return the ball without even touching it. I always felt the original Pong wasn't random enough.

Hellmonkeys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool man, thanks for this. Also, thanks a lot for including the source -- a nice simple program like this is always easy to learn from to do my own stuff
biggrin.gif

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
The commented part was going to be the only part from the game. The rest of code(game_mode) was added after, and isn't commented. But it's easy to understant, because they are just menu's
happy.gif

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
The commented part was going to be the only part from the game. The rest of code(game_mode) was added after, and isn't commented. But it's easy to understant, because they are just menu's
happy.gif
...And by "ghosts" you do of course mean "bugs from poorly written code"..right?
rolleyes.gif

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
Stalkid64 said:
jayparadox said:
happy.gif
...And by "ghosts" you do of course mean "bugs from poorly written code"..right?
rolleyes.gif

It's all explained in the README. I can perfectly add the correct bouncing, but it's more challenging this way.

PD: Please, don't talk to me and don't leave posts in my topics. I ban you from all that the same way I'm banned from wiidev, understand?

zosh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
jayparadox said:
Stalkid64 said:
rolleyes.gif

It's all explained in the README.
Let's see ... "The bounce off the bars isn't correctly made. I can do it, but it requires a LOT of coding,". Well, I took the burden of the excrutiating amount of coding from you: I replaced two lines of your source code with two other lines.

Download from Megaupload - source code and binaries. No credits necessary.

(I made the collision detection quite generous around the paddle edges, I don't know how this corresponds to the original Pong. It seems to work fine in gameplay.)

it's more challenging this way.
That's a nice way of polishing the turd. Of course it's "more challenging". According to your laughable "collision detection" algorithm, it is impossible for any player to lose if he moves the paddle to the very top. Subtracting the Y from the X coordinates to do a collision detection? What exactly were you smoking? I have to disagree with Stalkid64, tho. This isn't poor coding. More like throwing the keyboard at the wall and fixing the result's syntax afterwards.

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
zosh said:
jayparadox said:
Stalkid64 said:
rolleyes.gif

It's all explained in the README.
Let's see ... "The bounce off the bars isn't correctly made. I can do it, but it requires a LOT of coding,". Well, I took the burden of the excrutiating amount of coding from you: I replaced two lines of your source code with two other lines.

Download from Megaupload - source code and binaries. No credits necessary.

(I made the collision detection quite generous around the paddle edges, I don't know how this corresponds to the original Pong. It seems to work fine in gameplay.)

That's a nice way of polishing the turd. Of course it's "more challenging". According to your laughable "collision detection" algorithm, it is impossible for any player to lose if he moves the paddle to the very top. Subtracting the Y from the X coordinates to do a collision detection? What exactly were you smoking? I have to disagree with Stalkid64, tho. This isn't poor coding. More like throwing the keyboard at the wall and fixing the result's syntax afterwards.
Thanks!

I know it's stupid to do what I did(because there is a point where it always bounces, as you've said) but and what you've added is what I had in mind
tongue.gif
Maybe no one will beleve that, but I should have released it with the correct bouncing since the beginning. Anyway, it works perfect now
happy.gif

klyick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Thanks!

I know it's stupid to do what I did(because there is a point where it always bounces, as you've said) but and what you've added is what I had in mind
tongue.gif
Maybe no one will beleve that, but I should have released it with the correct bouncing since the beginning. Anyway, it works perfect now
happy.gif

Don't thank this asswipe. You make a homebrew game with your free time, and he insults it?

Just ignore trolls, it's for the best.

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
biggrin.gif
I started making an app called "the OTHER homebrew channel", with a green theme and leafs going down(reverse of Twiizers HBC), added Wiimote IR cursor and many other things, but then I thought a game would be a better idea
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou