Wii Pokémon RPG ruled out

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by heartgold, Feb 16, 2011.

Feb 16, 2011

Wii Pokémon RPG ruled out by heartgold at 9:51 AM (1,961 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. heartgold
    OP

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Source

To be honest I perfer the main series on the handheld and I can't wait for the 3DS version.

2. Bad decision. I hate you for this ninty. Btw, you should seriously consider adding some pictures and adding the arrow thing before the link to the Source.

EDIT: The source is.....IGN?! It's probably a lie or a rumor.

3. heartgold
    OP

United Kingdom
    or an interview? IGN ain't that bad compared to other sites.

XD Maybe in my next thread =P

4. Haven't you heard how they screwed up a few days ago? In their 3DS launch guide, they said that the Virtual Console will be available starting day 1 and that Black and white will be 3DS enhanced. Later, they just removed that part as if it was never there and instead of an apology they straight away wrote that the virtual console will be available with a system update which will happen in May. They suck these days. All the good Nintendo writers left and the ones there now just suck.

5. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    It wouldve been nice but as long as I get PBR with GEN V and WiFi Random battles im happy

6. TheDarkSeed

Member TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    I always thought they were gonna make a pokemon game with all of the regions in it. what with the high amount of free space and all. Maybe I was tricking myself.

They should do that once the series is over(if it even dies)

7. Won't happen. At least, I don't think so.

8. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Indeed. That would be a ton of fun, and I'd definitely buy it (I've bought every main Pokemon series game so far, with the exception of Pearl and HeartGold) day one. It would be very cool to see how the transitions from one region to another work (Besides Kanto Johto, since we already have that in G/S/C/HG/SS).

On-topic: I definitely think the main series should stay on handhelds. Now, if another game like PBR came out, or an extensive online Pokemon game was planned, I'd want it to be on the Wii. But the main series is best on a handheld.

9. Cuelhu

Member Cuelhu КУ!

they should make a different game sometimes, like a RTS or an action-RPG. When I watched the 8th movie I wanted those badly. [​IMG]

10. Gamer4life

Member Gamer4life I am the Orange Gamer

United States
    They could do so much more on a home console then a handheld.

11. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    I've always wanted that myself. The Wii would be great for that "pokemon world" or something, all we can hope for is a homebrew I guess. [​IMG]

12. ianrulz1

Newcomer ianrulz1 Member

United Kingdom
    am i the only person that thinks theyre just too lazy to do it on a home console? all the stadium games have sucked so far and the handheld games are just getting more boring each time (am i the only one that hates the black and white battle system?)
    As long as theyre making money from using the same ideas on the handhelds they won't even try to make a good home console game

13. heartgold
    OP

United Kingdom
    Gamefreak only makes core series, other crap like stadium, XD and PBR nintendo asks other developers. If GF were to make their first core series on a home console it'll be incredible no doubt and have a lot of tech to work with.

14. T-Pie

Newcomer T-Pie Member

United Kingdom
    such a shame, if they made a pokemon game with a similar game engine to the tales of graces engine i'd be sound, there's SUCHHH a market for it [​IMG]

heres to hoping there will be something similar to a pokemon stadium 3 next and not a battle rev 2 or something

15. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Online handheld Pokemon for the 3DS with every region! Go!

16. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Pokemon always worked well as a handheld series since it was kinda built around that. It was easy to pick up and play. It required very little memorization and it was easily approachable. Plus the battles were short and since the dialogue was minimal, you could pick up the game for a couple of minutes or a couple of hours.

The console Pokemon RPGs (like Colosseum and XD) were really just disappointments. The handheld RPGs are where it's at.

17. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    If you want to fuck over nearly all of the core ideas of Pokemon, sure, a home console edition is the way to go! Lets destroy the simplicity, the portability, the fun, and all of that. I really want to spend two hours traveling a route on my TV, as that is much more fun.

Pokemon is only fun because it's portable and of a decent length. If it was a home console version, people would demand an obscene amount of game time that would cause most people to never complete the game. Now you can't just sit next to your friends and play, you have to hope they have a Wii and dropped $40 or $50 on the game, along with the ability for their Wii to go online, all for one, single trade.

Pokemon has always been on handhelds since Pokemon Red and Blue back on the old Gameboy. It will never change. I mean, if you want something like the shitty Colosseum, go right ahead, keep on asking. They tried a console RPG for Pokemon two times in the past, both were miserable failures. I would be surprised if we ever see another Pokemon game off of a Nintendo handheld that isn't just blown up battles ever again.

18. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    dont rule it out yet for all we know they can pull off a pokemon Colosseum /xd gale of darkness type of game on wii.

19. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Maybe that right, but it wouldn't kill them to see the pokemon actually go at each other expect the way they have it now. Expect telling me I miss,show me. (example.)

20. snico1995

Member snico1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I remember enjoying pokemon Colosseum.. maybe it was because I was a nub and had never seen all the gen 1 and 2 pokes before.