Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I know that the Wii points are regionlocked, but I was wondering what it checks for. I got a NTSC Nintendo Wii and the PAL Wii Point cards I can buy over here are obviously meant to be used on a PAL Wii, but I'm worrying that it'll detect my European IP and block me from using the Wii points (a bit paranoid, I know).

So, I was wondering if anyone with an imported Wii has any experience on this matter? My best bet is that I will need to get the USA Wii Point codes.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't you just buy your Wii Points from inside the Wii Shopping Channel? Because it's possible (atleast, for PAL consoles) to enter credit card details and recieve a code. I think if you do that, you automaticly get a code for your console's region.
I'm 100% sure though, just a thought.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a US Wii, buy US points and live in the UK, it works fine.
It is only region locked to the store and the store is region locked to the console.

Its not like on the 360 where the store is locked to your profile region and you could have signed your profile up to be from any country.

Bitbyte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Alright, nice. I'll just pay a friend of mine to get one
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0