Wii patent- Horseriding accessory

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't normally post this kind of thing, but it's so hilarious, I had to. It's an "horse-riding saddle accessory" for the wii. I'll let the pics do the talking shall I?

ninhors3b.jpg

ninhors2.jpg

ninhors1.jpg

...Yeah, I think this is pretty self explanatory. But there's more info still-

The inflatable seat has a pocket for the Wii remote, which is used to sense movement via the accelerometers. Players hold the nunchuck to simulate holding the reins or, as the Nintendo patent describes, “a raised hand for balance as in Bronco riding, a lasso, a sword or other weapon, etc.”

The cushion may inflatable, made of foam or another material, but it seems like Nintendo is leaning towards an inflatable seat. “A one-way air valve of conventional design may be provided to allow the user to inflate cushion. Construction may be similar to that of conventional inflatable exercise balls. An advantage of an inflatable design is that it is compact to ship and store.”

Wii main unit can display the back of a horse’s head and background of a trail, a field, a battlefield or other environment the virtual horse is being ridden through (see Figure 1A). The image may change in response to detected motion of the user.

But, wait the seat isn’t limited to horesback riding! Nintendo says their inflatable seat can be used to simulate riding other animals. The patent lists “bulls, camels, elephants, burros, dolphins, whales” and imaginary creatures such as “dragons, griffons, unicorns, giant eagles” as possible mounts. Nintendo also suggests the seat can be used for vehicles too like “hang gliders or other aircraft, a magic carpet, a motorcycle, a jet-ski, a land or sea exploration vehicles.”

Well I can see one idea they missed that homebrew developer perverts could use. I guess I don't need to say it either, since this is after all a *serious* news post. But really Nintendo, WTF do you guys smoke over in that headquarters of yours?

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/10/ninte...ing-controller/

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there already one? I remember seeing a video of it couple of years ago.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wiimote could techinically be used as a sex toy, does good enough vibrations for clitoral stimulation.

smileipb2.png

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nosferadrian said:
The Wiimote could techinically be used as a sex toy, does good enough vibrations for clitoral stimulation.

smileipb2.png

There's a homebrew app for that, if you're curious. I'm sure the Mrs. would appreciate it.

Anyway, this is a great invention. Now we can bring all those crappy "Imagine: Horserider" or "Petz: Horsez" shovelware to the Wii!

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Nosferadrian said:

smileipb2.png

There's a homebrew app for that, if you're curious. I'm sure the Mrs. would appreciate it.

Anyway, this is a great invention. Now we can bring all those crappy "Imagine: Horserider" or "Petz: Horsez" shovelware to the Wii!
Nah my Mrs doesn't even want to use the vibes in her Ann Summers kit. I might look into it though,
gbasp.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This accessory is roflworthy but also bad unless they get a quality horse riding game released a racing game like the Kentucky Derby which is the only viable option, also rodeo games could be possible.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I'm waiting for the new Barbie Horse Adventures, I hear it has an option to almost completely customise your horse (You can even give it tattoos!)!

I hope the game supports this new peripheral!

Edit: Or maybe, like Links Crossbow Training, there will be Epona's Time Trials.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nosferadrian said:

smileipb2.png

I lol'd.

Guild McCommunist said:
QUOTE(Nosferadrian @ Aug 11 2009, 10:06 PM) The Wiimote could techinically be used as a sex toy, does good enough vibrations for clitoral stimulation.

smileipb2.png

I lol'd even harder. Wonder if Nintendo ever realized that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: como estas parce?