Hardware Wii pass first screen with "A" and enter directly to the main menu !

Liviu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hello, I am new here and I am new user of Wii console. I bought a SH console and it starts without appearing the first screen where ca controller is installed ... I do not know what the first owner did on it !? ALso the CD with a game can not be withdraw from the console ... Reset is functioning but always pass the black screen with "A" ! What to do now ?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I am new here and I am new user of Wii console. I bought a SH console and it starts without appearing the first screen where ca controller is installed ... I do not know what the first owner did on it !? ALso the CD with a game can not be withdraw from the console ... Reset is functioning but always pass the black screen with "A" ! What to do now ?
Please explain a bit more. I don't quite understand.
Does pressing (A) on the Wii Remote not work to get past the "Health and Safety" warning screen? Did you try to sync the remote to the console → press the red (SYNC) button on the console and on the remote.

Any sound from the drive when pushing (EJECT) on the console? Does it even try (and fail) to eject the disc or does nothing happen at all?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If I understand, when you turn on the console, the "Press A to continue" screen does not appear, is that the issue?

...Try to turn on your console with the Reset button pressed, it may have Priiloader installed with that function turned on. Maybe it has another hack activated to affect the disc drive, who knows.

Liviu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Please explain a bit more. I don't quite understand.
Does pressing (A) on the Wii Remote not work to get past the "Health and Safety" warning screen? Did you try to sync the remote to the console → press the red (SYNC) button on the console and on the remote.

Any sound from the drive when pushing (EJECT) on the console? Does it even try (and fail) to eject the disc or does nothing happen at all?

Thank you for your reply ! I syncronized the wii remote with console but the first black screen (with "Warning" and at bottom with "Press A") does not appear and starts directly the menu ...

As for the ejecting the disk there is no sound at all and no light ! The console can not be stopped from the Power button also ... Reset is working.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you for your reply ! I syncronized the wii remote with console but the first black screen (with "Warning" and at bottom with "Press A") does not appear and starts directly the menu ...

As for the ejecting the disk there is no sound at all and no light ! The console can not be stopped from the Power button also ... Reset is working.
The front panel might not be connected properly, possible if it was opened up in the past to install a modchip. Also it probably has Priiloader installed which can bypass the press A screen.

Liviu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If I understand, when you turn on the console, the "Press A to continue" screen does not appear, is that the issue?

...Try to turn on your console with the Reset button pressed, it may have Priiloader installed with that function turned on. Maybe it has another hack activated to affect the disc drive, who knows.

Thank you very much for your reply ! It is like you wrote, when I kept pressed the Reset button while I plunged in the console (because Power on/off button does not work !) then the black screen appears !

As for you second answer the console is not connected at the internet ... It is possible to have virus ?!!

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
By "Hack" I didn't mean in the way of "you're being hacked!", but instead "maybe the prior owner of the console put certain Priiloader options (called hacks, because they force a behavior not intended by the original developers) that affected the Disc Drive".

If a black screen appears with a bunch of different options, then yes, that's Priiloader. To bring back the "Press A to continue" screen, you need to go to the "System Menu Hacks" and disable the option.

Liviu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
By "Hack" I didn't mean in the way of "you're being hacked!", but instead "maybe the prior owner of the console put certain Priiloader options (called hacks, because they force a behavior not intended by the original developers) that affected the Disc Drive".

If a black screen appears with a bunch of different options, then yes, that's Priiloader. To bring back the "Press A to continue" screen, you need to go to the "System Menu Hacks" and disable the option.

Thank you again but how to get the "System Menu Hacks" ?!

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As I said, if you turn on your console while holding Reset, the black screen with a bunch of options in white letters appear, doesn't it?

Depending on the version of Priiloader installed, you need a Wiimote or a GC controller to move around the options.
You can check this if you need more information.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1